CHAPTER 3

IT WAS WEIRD, you never really did things for people. and when you did, it was out of impulse and no one knew it was you. so this was quite out of character for you.

you bought milk and started heading towards the gym. you owed him for popping the ball so you decided to give the boy his favorite drink- milk.

you were now in front of the gym, and when you opened door, all eyes turned to you.

"saiki-san?" kageyama blushed.

'holy shit! did she come to watch our practice?!'

'no, i didn't.'

you held up the milk and he walks over to you, "is that for me?"

you nod.

"why?"

"for popping the ball." he blushes even more when he hears your voice.

and you could see two second years drooling over you. you sigh.

"thanks..."

"RYU DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?!"

"A GODDESS!!" they both yell and your eye twitches. you hate loud noises, though you were used to them because of your other... acquaintances.

you wave goodbye and head to the door, you feel a hand grab your wrist and you look back.

'i knew he was going to ask me to watch their practice. but please don't have the guts to do it.'

"w-would you watch our practice?" he has sparkles in his eyes.

you sigh again and nod.

"okay." he turns to leave and you see a blonde haired boy with glasses come up to him with a smirk.

"seems like the king has a crush."

"SHUT IT TSUKSIHIMA!" kageyama yells with a vein popping out of his head.

you walk over and see the same man from the convenience store.

'i knew i recognized those thoughts.'

"oh, hey kiddo." he holds his hand up. you nod to him and sit on a bench.

"how did she pop the ball bakageyama?" a boy with bright orange hair comes up to him and asks. you could tell he was a hyper one.

"she caught it and it popped." he says truthfully. the orange haired boy looks at you and has his mouth agape.

"WOAH!" he rushes up to you and smiles brightly.

"my name is hinata shoyo!"

you nod to him and he looks at you, waiting for you to introduce yourself.

"her name is y/n saiki." kageyama interrupts.

"is she mute?" hinata points and a silver haired boy chops his head.

"HINATA DONT SAY SUCH RUDE THINGS!"

"GOMEN SUGAWARA-SENPAI!" he bows.

"no, she's not mute, she just talks quietly."

"sounds like she's more tolerable than all of you combined." the blonde haired boy speaks again.

you, of course, knew their names. but for the sake of you readers reading this, let's skip the introductions.

"nice to meet you saiki-san!" they all say at the same time. you slightly bow your head.

"ne ne, saiki-san, do you know how to play volleyball?"

now let's think, if you say you didn't, they would probably want to either teach you, or leave you alone. maybe even ask you to become a manager. but if you say you do know how to play volleyball, you could say yes, leave, and never come back to this gym. but then they would ask you to play. oh what to do.

you nod and his eyes widen and sparkle, "WANNA PLAY WITH US?!"

"tch, i bet she can't even serve the ball." tsukishima scoffs, and just for that, you were going to play.

you nod and he hands you the ball, "okay! serve it and we'll see what you got!"

you look down at the ball.

how did this happen...

you stand on the serving line and throw the ball up, hitting it with your hand.

'c'mon, don't be strong...'

yeah, god isn't on your side at all.

it zoomed over the net and was so fast, no one could comprehend where it was going. the ball popped AGAIN.

'well shit.'

"WOAHHHHHHH!!" they all scream and noya comes running up to you.

"WHAT- HOW-" he was stuttering.

you shrug.

"IS THAT ALL YOURE GONNA SAY?!" ryu then came up to you and shook you.

"now now, let's not pester her." daichi comes to save the day. but you knew what he was thinking.

'WHAT THE HELL HOW DID SHE DO DO THAT THATS SO POWERFUL IF I TRIED TO RECEIVE THAT IT WOULD BREAK MY ARMS OFF!'

'good grief.'