CHAPTER 9

THE practice games had started. of course you didn't play right away since coach ukai had called you their "secret weapon".

"she must not be that good if she's benched." ojiro had said to osamu and he nodded.

"i guess, but she's cute." atsumu had chimed in.

ojiro and osamu looked at him with disgusted looks.

"no one asked, piss hair."

"P-PISS HAIR?!"

'good grief, their minds are full of thoughts with me in them. how annoying.'

karasuno was playing nekoma, your team was losing.

"oi," coach ukai called out to you, "get ready."

'oh no.'

you nod, much to your dismay, and stand up as the whistle blows. you hold up number 10 and hinata goes towards you and holds up his hand.

you high five him and he smiles brightly, "good luck y/n!"

you nod to him and go on the court to serve.

'what to do... i could do a jump serve, but that would cause too much attention. but then again, everyone's watching me anyways. if i do a regular serve, daichi will most likely yell at me to actually get in the game.' you sigh.

the whistle blew.

you throw the ball up and jump up hesitantly to hit the ball. you manage to hit it and it zooms past the net and players. it made a damn dent in the floor.

'oh.'

silence.

"HUHHHHH?!"

"WAHHHHH!!"

"THAT WAS SO COOL!"

"WHAT THE HELL?"

'i have to apologize to the coach later.'

the players get ready for your next serve. they narrow their eyes and watch your every move. the air was tense and you hated it.

you do a regular serve and it turns out to be too weak and hits the net. it balances for a little bit but falls on the other teams side. yaku dives forward and manages to get it up.

"IT'S UP!" he screams.

you get into position and everything seemed to go in slow motion. the way kenma's body had turned and his eyes locked with yours.

it was going to be a setter dump.

you jog to the net and jump up while kenma tries to dump the ball.

the team cheers and daichi slaps your back.

suga watches from afar with red on his cheeks as he saw your small smile. iwaizumi smiled softly at your teams love for you, he could tell you liked it.

'i guess this isn't too bad.'

~~~

your team won.

you went up to the coaches and bowed, "i'm sorry for denting the floor."

"haha, you're okay kid." nekomata had laughed, "you got some talent."

"i agree." coach washijo had smiled cheekily, "why don't you come to shiratorizawa?"

ah, well this is rough.

being in a smart school would cause attention just from wearing your school uniform.

"no thank you."

"HA! SUCK IT WASHIJO!" ukai pointed at the old man and you pushed his arm down.

'how childish.' you roll your eyes and walk away from the old man yelling at coach ukai.

"uh.. hey y/n," you turn and nod to yamaguchi, letting him know to continue, "that was really cool." he laughs awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck.

"thank you."

he blushes and fiddles with his fingers, "hey.. uh, i was wondering.."

'she barely knows me! i can't ask her out yet...'

'yeah, and you won't ever ask me out, not on my watch.'

"uhhh, i was wondering if you wanted to sit by me at lunch."

"sure."

'HOLY SHIT SHE SAID YES!'

"you're great!- uh- i mean.. great!" he throws a thumbs up and waddles away.

you giggle slightly at the action and manage to catch yourself before anybody saw you.

'he's is pretty cute though... wait- i can't think that!'

you groan in your mind and feel eyes on you.

'ah, iwaizumi is looking at me.'

iwaizumi was definitely looking at you while blushing. he was debating whether to talk to you and ask you out to dinner or a movie.

he was about to jog to you when oikawa stopped him, "you're staring iwa-chan."

"S-SHUT UP KUSOKAWA!"

as you were watching the scene, kuroo came up to you and tapped you on your shoulder.

"chibi-chan."

you sigh internally and turn around. before you could say anything, he puts his arm around your shoulder, which catches the attention of sugawara.

"that was cool, can you teach me that serve?"

you stare at him and he takes in your appearance. your h/c hair and e/c eyes staring into his. your soft s/c skin and those lips... oh god those lips.

LOVE INTEREST UNLOCKED
KUROO TETSURO

he blushes brightly as he realized how close you two were, "ah! sorry-"

"hm." you nod in reassurance.

he waves, "i-i'll uh.." he runs away.

'THE HELL ARE THESE FEELINGS?! I NEED TO ASK KENMA!'

'not another one..'