𝟎𝟕. 𝐂𝐚𝐟𝐞́ 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐

━ ✧ ❀ ✧ ━

"Wha—?! Raihan...?!"

Alette jolted against her seat, the wooden legs scraping against the floor from the impact. Lilias winced at the harsh sound, life slowly coming back to her after the initial shock.

Is he the reason why the café is empty today? she thought. But then, why were we allowed in...?

"Oh? Fancy seeing you here, Miss Reporter," the Hammerlocke Gym Leader greeted in return, smiling his trademark fanged grin as he waved. There was a somewhat playful tone to his voice, and it made Lilias wonder just how close he and Alette actually were. "It hasn't been that long since last time, yeah?"

The Kalos-born reporter could sense her friend's questioning stare. She cleared her throat, looking away awkwardly.

"Yeah, no..."

Raihan smiled at this, not seeming bothered by the milquetoast response as he flicked his gaze over to Lilias. She jumped at this sudden attention, his towering frame making her feel nervous all over again.

Why is he looking at me now...?

"Ah."

He must've noticed her discomfort though, as he quickly sunk to his knees. He then propped his head up with an elbow, the oversized, toothy hood of his jacket seeming to swallow it up.

"So, are you her friend?" he asked bluntly, though not without kindness. "Miss Reporter, I mean."

Alette grumbled at this, tucking a strand of her hair. "I have a name, you know," she retorted, though her voice was leveled. "And yes, she's my friend. Please don't bother her."

Raihan raised an eyebrow at this.

"Well, I mean, you never told me your name," he responded, causing her to flinch. "And, I was just asking her a question. ...Sorry if I am bothering you, though."

He turned to Lilias as he said the last part; said person shook her head and waved her hands in reassurance.

"I-I'm Lilias!" she introduced herself inadvertently. "And, um, I'm just wondering how much you two know each other...? Alette was just telling me about her encounter with you the other day!"

Said person spluttered as Raihan's eyes widened. "W-why are you telling him everything, Lili...?!" she hissed.

"Huh? But, didn't he overhear us?"

The Hammerlocke Gym Leader tilted his head at this, redirecting his gaze to Alette, who stiffened.

"...So, your name's Alette," he uttered.

The Kalos-born reporter blinked. "Yes...?"

There was a moment of silence while Raihan appeared to be thinking. His facial expression was blank, which was out of character for someone who often showed his fangs. After a bit, he cleared his throat, looking back at her.

"...Oh yeah, I've heard of you," he revealed, nodding as he drummed his fingers on the table. Lilias watched on in silence, confused, but interested. "That explains what you did back there."