𝟏𝟕. 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

━ ✧ ❀ ✧ ━

"I am still unsure as to why he asked me of all people to come help, but..."

Lilias let out a sigh as she walked up to the front door of Leon and Hop's family's house, giving the solid oak a couple knocks before pulling out her phone to review some text messages. In the meantime, a gust picked up, rolling over Postwick's Wooloo-laden hills.

Hop wanted me to come over and help him reorganize his room, the florist recalled, the digital exchange between her and said person a blur of colorful text bubbles with each swipe. I agreed—what with it being my day off—but I am not sure why he didn't just ask Gloria or Victor...or why he even returned home to do such a thing. What about the Gym Challenge?

"Miss Lilias!"

The request was indeed a strange one—something that seemed to reflect in Hop's expression as he opened the door.

"Y-you actually came!" he stuttered, being awkward for some reason as the family Purrloin squeezed through and rubbed up to Lilias. As she scooped up the purple feline and gave it some scritches, she noticed Hop looking down at his phone, his lips twitching as he did so.

"Okay, okay, Son..." Lilias heard him mutter, though she couldn't make out the rest of what he was saying. The younger Postwick brother then put his mobile device away, stepping back for her to come in.

"Um, sorry for bothering you like this," he apologized as he closed the door behind them, rubbing his nape. "You didn't have to come, you know. I know you're busy with your business." His face slightly scrunched up at the last part.

The florist cooed as Purrloin curled up in her arms, placing a paw on her cheek. "Oh, don't worry!" she reassured. "I have the day off with not much to do, so this will actually help me stay productive."

She then turned around, gently rocking the purple feline. "But, I must ask: can you really afford to come home and do this during your Gym Challenge?"

Rather than answer the question, however, Hop motioned for her to follow him up to his room, Lilias greeting his and Leon's grandparents before going. (For some reason, the grandmother was staring) As she ascended the stairs, her eyes took notice of the portraits on the wall, all of them showing the family during happy moments like birthday parties and vacations. Taking a closer look, she realized that many of these framed pictures depicted a younger Leon, his toothy grin and short, tufty hair standing out to her as he donned Hop's wool trim jacket, hugging a toddler version of his younger brother.

Seeing Leon like this, you can really tell that he and Hop are brothers, she chuckled to herself, remembering the confident smile Hop wore when he declared his intent to win the Gym Challenge to Raihan, Nessa, and Milo. The two really do look similar, even now, both possessing purple hair and those captivatingly large, moon-like eyes. Lilias had no doubt that in the future, Hop would look just like his older brother.

However, appearances are mostly where the similarities end, she continued, glancing up at the younger Postwick brother's back as he went on ahead of her. Hop and Leon share a love for Pokémon, and both are friendly, but Leon had to grow up early, while Hop didn't. Leon had to learn about fame and sacrifice at a young age, so his kindness is due in part to his public image and wish to not trouble others. Hop, on the other hand, is kind because that's just the person he is...and I think this is how Leon wants it.