4.3.5 Here Comes the Sun

===N===Juliane's POV===N===

It's 3:50 in the morning. I prepared my things as I heard a tricycle honk outside the home. It was Tito Maxwell. He is Papa's youngest brother. He usually goes to Lantawan to check out Lolo's place. He lives in Talisay City. I chose this day to hitchhike and bring Nong Mel with me. Tito usually goes by this time as he checks his vegetation.

And I choose to go very early to see the beautiful sunrise in Lolo's garden. I bet Nong Mel will like it.

Papa told me some reminders and "padala" (consignment) to his relatives living in the hacienda.

"Jules halong kamu ha? And storyahi lang ko karun sa mga matabo." Mama said.

[Hiligaynon trans: "Jules, both of you take care. And talk to me later about the happenings."]

"Yes, Ma. Of course." I smiled and bayed goodbye to them.

Paps had boxes full of goodies for his relatives that almost occupied the front seat. The other box is at the top of the tricycle. Tito Max's tricycle is a 4-seater one with a cover at the back.

As I sat down, I greeted Tito good morning. "Morning To!"

"Morning Juliane. Ready to fetch your lover? Haha!" He teased me.

"Tito! Behave later ok? I know you're more sinister than Paps." I told him.

"I can't promise. Ok, buckle up Jules. Let's go." He then started his tricycle.

We then went to Tito Ben's house to fetch Nong Mel. I told him yesterday to bring extra clothes and water. And he did. I saw him outside the gate as he bought his backpack. He wore a mask and his glasses. He wore his gray Adidas shirt and brown cargo shorts.

I wore my white and blue flowers chiffon blouse partnered with short jeans (2 cm just above the knee) partnered with white shoes. Of Course, I bought my cute yellow backpack.

"Goodmorning Sir." as he greeted my Tito Max.

"This guy is too formal." He jokingly remarked.

"That's my Tito Maxwell. To this is Mel Sydney Ocampo." I introduced them to each other.

"Don't call me Sir, just Tito or Max will do Mel. Get in the back, as the front has many boxes." Tito said to Mel.

"Ok To." As he went inside the tricycle, he cheerfully greeted me.

"Good Morning, Juliane!"

"Good Morning!" I told him. We then went to our destination.

===========================================================

===O===Mel Sydney's POV===O===

Is Juliane angry at Me? What did I do yesterday? She didn't use her "Nong" honorifics to me. What's happening? Why am I overthinking?

===========================================================

===N===Juliane's POV===N===

I want to laugh right now. I just can't. The look on his face. Anyways, it's hard to talk with the gush of the wind and the sound of Tito's tricycle. So I told him in a shouting manner, "Feel free to listen to music. It's hard to talk while traveling."

"Ok Jules," he replied.

Anyways, I put my earphones in as I listen to my road trip tunes.

===========================================================

===O===Mel Sydney's POV===O===

Yes, Juliane's right. It's impossible to talk while traveling. So, I pull up my earphones from my bag and listen to some music from my Spotify playlist.