5.4 Vlog Title: Music Choice: Right Before Your Eyes

Right Before Your Eyes

===O===Mel Sydney's POV===O===

The ray of light struck the window and I can feel the heat sipping through. I woke up before my alarm went on.

I opened my phone and I've received notification messages from my family and friends. I looked at my phone and I read the date and time. 6:30 AM, Monday, Feb 14, 2022

Ah, yeah, my birthday today. Damn, I'm 38 years old now!? Gosh, I'm on my way to my 40s.

Anyways it's fine with me. But I can already feel my body reacting to body pains. Glad that I woke up early as I'm going to our office for a faculty meeting. Then by 1 pm I and Juliane are gonna have lunch together. I'm also glad we don't have an online class today. We just let the students do their research.

I've received video greetings from my family and friends. While replying to them, I heard a knock on my door. Must be Juliane.

"Coming", I said to her.

I opened the door and I saw her holding a plate with 3 premium choco butternut donuts stacked together. In the middle are tiny number-shaped candles 3 and 8.

She entered my unit. She lit up the candles with a lighter and she greeted me.

"Happy 38th Birthday Ga! Make a wish."

I made a wish and I blew the candle.

"I bought only three donuts cause the cake will be served later." She then winked.

"Thank you very much, Ga". I then kissed her on the forehead.

I said, "Glad I brushed my teeth before you came in."

"I'm glad I gargled. Haha!" She said.

It's my first birthday and Valentine's day we're together. Last year, I was just daydreaming about her. The way she's putting effort into me, it's heartwarming and romantic. Damn, I'm so lucky to have her.

She premade my breakfast yesterday. We reheated it today. It was pumpkin spice soup. She said it's orange-themed today.

Yes, as you can tell, my favorite color is orange.

After our breakfast, we prepared ourselves before we went out. I asked her what her plan was while waiting for me.

"Ga, any plans or errands while waiting for me?"

She replied, "Hmm my friend, Athena, actually asked if I could help her promote her cafe so she asked if we could meet today. I can manage this one while waiting for you. Can you just please drop me in U.P town center? She'll pick me up there and then we will go to her cafe. I'll pm you later if we're done."

I agreed, "Ok, that's good then!"

Before I go to the university, I drop Juliane off at the Town Center. I saw her wearing the Spotify bracelet I gave her as a birthday present. I hope she likes the song I dedicated to her.

Also, I admire her networking skills as she has a lot of friends here in the metro alone. Aside from doing business and vlogging, she also does marketing consultations for businesses. She also does talks.

No wonder she's richer than me haha! I remember one time we talked about salary. Mine is quite good for a single man but to be honest I work years for this. Tons of research, conference, and study. Meanwhile, some officials have a higher grade than others who deserve it. 

I also pity other workers such as those in the medical field. What I learned is that they have a lower salary than us and they work double-time during the pandemic. How I wish the salary disparities will be fixed soon.