Crush

Crush

===N===Juliane's POV===N===

I just finished working that day when I received an email from him. I went to my bed and I opened my inbox on my phone.

I opened my 3rd Gmail account and I saw his face. Did he use his professional email to send me this letter? Haha! Damn, this guy is too formal. He even wore a coat and tie in this photo. Like his gonna apply for work or something.

The subject reads a letter: To the girl by the window pane.

I was puzzled by his email. I wanted to stand up now and go to his room but he is still teaching.

I opened it and it contains an image attachment. I downloaded it.

Hey, Ga I hope this is not a virus or else haha!

Ok, so the image is a screenshot of a blog post he created last March 13, 2020. I then read it.

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to feel about this. I think he wrote this after his Negros Blog. The end even reads Your Manong and Mentor. Oh yeah! Haha!

In the 1st part of that letter, I feel like... like wait guys haha!

Ok, I felt like there is someone out there who remembers me and cares for me. As a former mentor, look into me. I felt overwhelmed and touched.

The last part though haha! I just wanna laugh. Gawd! Haha! I'm gonna do something about this tomorrow.

Thanks for this letter Sir Mel of 2020.

--------------------------------------------------

The Next Day....

I'm listening to David Archuleta's Crush while sweeping the floor of my unit. I sang some lines when I heard a knock on my door. Must be him.

"Ga, lunch is ready." as he knocks on the door. I smiled cause I know his timing is just right. I'm gonna do this now. Hehe.

===========================================================

===O===Mel's POV===O===

She opened the door and I went in. David Archuleta's crush is playing in the background. She smiled and I smiled back. What is she up to?

"Ga, can you sit down for a while. I'm just gonna sing this chorus to you." She took the broom and used it as a mic. Then she sang these lines.

"Do you ever think when you're all alone

All that we can be, where this thing can go?

Am I crazy or falling in love?

Is it real or just another crush?

Do you catch a breath when I look at you?

Are you holding back like the way I do?

'Cause I've tried and tried to walk away

But I know this crush ain't going away

Going away."

Oh my! Even others will think this is cringe and cheesy, for me this is very romantic. Hehe!

She stopped the next song and said, "Did you know that that's my high school theme song for my crushes?"

I smiled and said, "Does that include me?"

She sat down beside me and said, "Well. Whenever I play that song it reminds me of my ex highschool crushes and that includes you."

"Ex-crush!? Ouch." I teasingly replied to her.

"Haha! Anyways, let's go to your unit. I'm hungry." She said while smiling back. We then went to my unit to eat lunch. While eating, I remember she didn't respond to my email yesterday. Wonder if she has read it.

We just have some conversations like work and stuff while eating. While I wash our dishes (cause it's my turn and we usually take turns), she just looks at me while reading something on her phone.

"What are you looking at Ga?" I asked.

"Just finished what you're doing." She said.

After I rack up the dishes, she stood up behind me. Then, she said, "Sir Mel of 2020 I would like to thank you for remembering me. It's touching that the person you haven't talked to for like ten years still remembers you. This is from Juliane of 2020."

I don't know how to react to what she's saying. Yet I smiled after she uttered those words.

I turned around to her. As I wiped my hands I said, "Well you're welcome miss Nuevo." I then smiled at her and laughed.

She turned around for a while to cover her face. Then she turns towards me. "Sir Mel of 2020, can I ask you to come with me cause I wanna introduce you to someone?"

"I'm puzzled but ok?" I then followed her while she stood up in front of the mirror.

I'm still thinking of her gimmick.

"Sir, can you come here and stand in front of this mirror?"

"Why Miss Nuevo?"

She facepalmed and said, "Just stand up here."

I then noticed she was reading something from her phone, Ohhh!! Haha!

WHAT THE!

"Ok, I'm here," I said. She stood up behind me and she puts her right hand on my right shoulder

"So Sir Mel of 2020, as I found out in your letter, you told me this: "One day, I hope you'll find him and show him to me as I will check if he's worthy.""

She broke out of character by laughing. To be honest I wanted to laugh too. But I enjoy this haha!

Come to think of it I have never realized in my wildest dreams that I'm gonna be that man I told her before.

"So Sir, what do you think about this dude? Is he worthy?"

I replied, "Well Jules, This guy right here is good-looking. Then, he looks smart. Very professional."

"That's too much self-praising am I right? Haha," she said. Haha! Well, what do you expect Ga? Haha!

"Also, Sir I'm happy to tell you I made it! Like not super there yet but on the way."

I looked at her and smiled, "I'm proud of what you have and will be achieving. And a grown-up as a lady you ought to be. Can we stop this now? Haha!"

I then hugged her.

===========================================================

===N===Juliane's POV===N===

I then hugged him back. Tbh I laughed but at the same time felt happy about his letter.

And I never expected that I would get a crush back from him haha!

After we let go, I said, "Well that last part of your letter was unexpecting. I never knew it's gonna be you."

"Same with me. I can't assess myself but I'm doing my best to be worthy."

"You are already" as I kissed him on the cheeks. 

=======================================================

Music Featurette: 

Crush by David Archuleta