Diagon Alley

A/N - Sorry if I update a bit slow but I'm COVID 19 - Omicron variant positive...

'Mum, Dad, Em, Hade, look I got it! My Hogwarts letter!' Harry came bouncing down from the stairs to the fourth floor. (A/N - Yeah, I decided that Harry will have siblings, because I understand how being alone feels like, I don't have siblings too... but I do have brilliant cousins and I'm the eldest).

'Okay, Harry, dear, I understand the excitement, but...' Lily said, but Harry kept shouting at the top of his voice, 'STOP SHOUTING LIKE A BANSHEE!' Harry quickly shut up. An angry mum was something to fear.

'Read out the letter to us!' said Emily

Turning the envelope over, his hand trembling, Harry saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger and a snake surrounding a large letter 'H'.

'All right - '

To, 

Mr. Harry Potter

Bedroom 1, floor 6,

Potter Manor, John O' Groats, Caithness, Scotland.

'Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, 

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.' 

Yours sincerely, 

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress"

'All right, that does it, we'll go next week, on your birthday and buy your things, AND, YOU ANSWER BACK RIGHT NOW!' Lily said pointing a finger threateningly, she knew that he tended to forget things in excitement 'So what are the requirements?'

'Well -'

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

First-year students will require: 

1. Three sets of plain robes (black)

2. One plain painted hat (black) for day-wear 

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)