3. Ms. Katherine and Friends

"Sophia hurry up," Uncle Stefan said. 

Today a visitor is coming to our house and she will be staying with us.

 I was 4 now, and it's been a year since Papa's been gone, he comes back every few months but I wish he stays. 

I love Uncle Stefan and he tries his best to distract me from the fact the daddy is gone but it doesn't work, I miss him every day. I walk downstairs to see Uncle Stefan waiting at the bottom of the steps. 

He held his hand out for me to help me the rest of the way. We walked outside waiting in front of the door, Uncle Stefan still holding my hand. Minutes later a carriage showed up in front of the house. 

Out step and dark skinned lady, she stayed beside the carriage and help out a white skinned lady, she was beautiful, she had dark brown hair that was curled. Me and Uncle Stefan walked over to the woman, me still attached to Stefan. 

"You must be Ms. Pierce," Uncle Stefan said greeting the woman.

 "Please call me Katherine," The woman said holding out her hand. 

My Uncle took it and she bowed out of respect. "And who is this?" This is my niece Sophia" Stefan answered. 

"You have a sibling?" She askes. 

"Yes I have an older brother?" He answers.

 I may be 4 but I'm not stupid I could see they have taken a liking into each other.

"Emily will you take my bags to my room please?" She askes the lady next to her without taking her eyes off of my Uncle. 

"Uncle Stefan cam we go play now?" I ask tugging on his pant leg. 

He nods and picks me up, he bows at Ms. Katherine and we leave to go my play room. We had a tea party, he even wore a crown it was funny. I couldn't stop laughing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been a few weeks since Ms. Katherine's been here. She and Uncle Stefan have been spending a lot of time together lately. He doesn't spend time with me anymore, I'm by myself most of the time.

 I either go into my play room or out in the garden. I miss Papa more then ever. I have no one to talk to, I talk to Emily but not really. I was sitting in the garden when I heard to voices it was Uncle Stefan and Ms. Katherine.

"Hello Sophia," Ms. Katherine said seeing me.

 "Hello," I say. 

"Are you ok Sophia?" Uncle Stefan askes seeing that I was down.

 "Yeah I'm fine, I just miss Papa," I answer.

 The two come over, I fix myself so the two could sit down. Uncle Stefan sat me on his lap.

 "It's gonna be ok Sophia he will be home sooner than you think," Ms. Katherine said. 

I fiddle with my fingers unsure what to say next. 

"Sophia can I ask you a question?" Ms. Katherine askes.

I nod head. 

"Where is your mother?" She asked in soft tone. 

I look at Uncle Stefan as a way of asking can he answer for me. 

"Her mother died giving birth," Stefan says. 

"Oh I'm sorry for asking," She apologized.

 "It's fine you didn't know," Stefan says.

 I feel tired so I burry my face into Stefan's chest. 

"It looks like someone is due for a nap," He says noticing my actions. 

I could feel him get up and walk inside the house.

We walk upstairs into my bedroom. He places me under my blankets and kisses my fore head and I fall into a deep sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the next day in the afternoon. I was walking outside. It was peaceful, I went to my favorite spot. The garden. 

There were these yellow flowers I liked to look at. Papa said Mama loved yellow flowers. He didn't really talk about Mama and I didn't really ask. 

I sat in silence, I loved the quiet it was so soothing. I so to caught up in my thoughts to realize someone was behind me.

 "Hello," A female voice said.

I turned around to see a pale girl with dark colored hair. Who looks much older than me.

"Hi," I say shyly.

 I get shy around new people. 

"I'm Anna," the girl said. 

"I'm Sophia," I say back. 

"Nice to meet you Sophia, but may I ask what are you doing out here by your self?" She askes. 

"Well I like out here, and my Uncle is with Ms. Katherine," I answer. 

"Oh well do you mind if I sit here with you?" Anna askes me.

"No not at all," I say. 

I make space for her to sit. 

"So your Uncle is Stefan Salvatore?" She askes.

 I shake my head yes. 

"He hasn't been spending any time with me since Ms. Katherine got here, since then I felt lonely, I have nobody to talk to," I say bring my knees up to my chest. 

"Well you can talk to my," Anna says. I give her a small smile. 

"So where's your father, if you don't me asking?" Anna askes.

"He's in the army, I miss now more than ever," I answer.

 "Where's your Mother?" She askes 

"She died giving birth to me," I say. 

"Oh I'm sorry, forgive me for asking," Anna says. 

"It's fine you didn't know, do you have any family?" I ask.

"Yes it's just me and my mother I don't really know much about my father," She says. 

"Do you want to come my play room?" I ask her. 

She gives me a smile and nods. Anna gets up and helps me up and we head inside my house and go into my play room. 

Few minutes later Uncle Stefan came into the room.

 "Sophia it's time for dinner, and Anna you and your mother will be joining us for dinner," Uncle Stefan said. 

Anna nods and walks downstairs. I got up from my spot and walked over to Uncle Stefan, I raised my arms telling him that I wanted to be carried. 

He chuckled and lifted me into his arms we walked out of the room down the stairs and into the dining room.

When we entered I seen Giuseppe and Ms. Katherine along with I'm guessing Anna's mother and Anna next to her. 

Stefan sat next to Ms. Katherine and me on his lap, while Anna's mother sat next Giuseppe. Katherine seems nice but I still don't like her, she stole my uncle away from me. We all sat in silence and our dinner. 

Later that night Uncle Stefan gave me a bath and tucked me into bed. 

"Uncle Stefan," I say. 

"Yes little one," He says siting on my bed. 

"When is Papa coming home?" I ask.

 "I don't Phia but he will be home soon," Uncle Stefan says. 

"Good Night Uncle Stefan," I say and get comfortable. 

"Good Night Sophia," Uncle Stefan said leaving the room. 

I close my eyes and dream about Papa.