CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: HINATA'S WEEK FROM HELL - FRIDAY NIGHT (THE DATE)

Art Done By I_Love_All_

[Nighttime - In The Town Hosting The Fextival]

"Here's your order, sir - Six Cinnamon Rolls." The vendor smiled as he handed the bag of delicious glazed buns to the Ice Weilder of the Hidden Mist. Haku smiled at the man and thanked him before reaching into his robe and pulling out the money for the treats - informing the vendor to keep the change and wishing him a good night before securing the bag in his arm and walking through the crowd of excited people to reach the female sitting on the bench, watching the dancing in the middle of the town.

"Your Cinnamon Rolls, My Tigress." Haku said with a smile as he held the bag out to Hinata to take as she turned her attention from the dancing to the smiling male before her. She looked at him with a smile before taking the bag from his hands.

"Thank you, My Love. I really was in the mood for something sweet." Hinata said as she pulled one of the cinnamon rolls out of the bag and took a bite, moaning the moment the taste hit her tongue, "These are delicious." Hinata purred before taking another bite.

"You really love those things, don't you, darling?" Haku asked as he took a seat next to his wife.

"Yeah." Hinata swallowed before looking at Haku, "My Mother and I used to make our own when she was still alive. The taste of cinnamon rolls reminds me of her... and the times we used to share before Hanabi was born and Father turned into a brute himself." Hinata looked at the ground but Haku placed his hand on her cheek, making her look into his eyes.

"You aren't a brute, My Tigress. You are strong, graceful, and intelligent, and it's because of that it makes others afraid of you and what you are capable of and it makes them mice in your presence." Haku said before placing a small kiss on his wife's lips and licking his lips when he pulled away, "Mmmm. Cinnamon." 

"Heh Heh

"Heh Heh... What am I gonna do with you?" Hinata chuckled.

"Love me forever?" Haku said as he closed his eyes with a laugh of his own.

"Already doing that. I fell in love with you the night we met." Hinata said as she tapped the tip of her clawed finger by the scar over her left eye, "And you gave me my first proof of my power." 

"Ah, yes. I think about how we met sometimes - the time you shattered my crystal ice mirrors and scarred me for the first time." Haku said as he began sinking into his memories again.

[Flashback - The Night Hinata & Haku Met]

Hinata was traveling through the Land of Waves one night through a thick fog when she picked up the scent of two people in the mist, it make her smile as she placed her hand on the handle of her sword and looked at the two figures materializing in the mist. The Masked Figure began weaving hand signs and large mirrors began forming around Hinata but her smile never faded as the man became on with the mirrors and his reflection appeared in all the crystal surfaces.

"You know who I am and why I have sought you out tonight, don't you, Feline?" The echoing of the reflections asked.

"Yes, I know who you are to me and I've been waiting for the moment to meet you." She pulled out her sword, "And I couldn't ask for a better first date. Bring it on." Hinata got into battle stance with her sword and waited for the attacks to begin.

Zabuza watched as Haku's Sendon flew from the mirrors and the girl either dodged or knocked them away with her sword - the smile never fading from her face. They were evenly matched - Haku's speedy offense should have turned the girl into a push-pin by now but she was standing - not a single cut...until Haku shot from the mirror with a needle in hand and the girl raised her claw to meet his hand - the chakra caused the mirrors to shatter and the two of them stood before each other...blood dripping from their new trophies.

blood dripping from their new trophies

"Interesting. No one has ever escaped my Crystal-Ice Mirrors...let alone managed to slip my blood; no one except for Zabuza-sama. You truly are one of a kind and I see why my heart was calling out to you, Tigress of the Mist." The Masked Figure spoke as blood leaked from the scar on his neck.

"You're something else yourself - I haven't had someone push me this far in a long time

"You're something else yourself - I haven't had someone push me this far in a long time. It would seem that I have finally met my other half, Ice Dragon of the Mist." Hinata smiled with the blood leaking across her eye, blood rushing and heart racing.

Crystal and Ice.

Tigress and Dragon.

Together at Last.

[End of Flashback]

"Heh Heh Heh. I still remember that night, you really know how to treat a girl to a nice night out, Love." Hinata smiled at Haku.

"Well, I knew you weren't the flowers and chocolate kind of girl, Tigress."

The two of them sat on the bench for a while, talking about the night they met and the moments they spent together...unaware that they were being watched again.

unaware that they were being watched again

"Kami, this is infuriating. What does Hinata even see in that walking ice pick?" Sasuke asked with anger and confusion in this voice.

"I don't know but I'm gonna find out and break him to get my Hinata-chan back." Naruto growled under his breath.

'Hinata-chan..." Sakura thought with a sorrowful voice in her head - her Hinata-chan with someone else was enough to make her depressed.