CHAPTER TEN - THE TESTING ROOM

"Is that your natural hair color?"

"Why are you covering your eyes?"

"Are you blind?"

"Are those ears real? Can I touch them?" 

"Is it true that you can revive the dead?"

With each and every question, Tigress felt her patience wear thinner and thinner; her fangs were locked in a growl, her ears were laid back in an aggressive manner and her tail was swishing behind her chair. Her fists were balled on the surface of the table while one of her clawed fingers impatiently tapped against the wood of the table as she tried to distract herself from lashing out at the crowd of humans who took it upon themselves to bother the Bearer of the Lantern.

"Excuse me." the gentle voice of the Ice Dragon called out to the crowd with a smile causing them to look at him. "If you haven't noticed, you are upsetting my wife and I don't like seeing the love of my life upset. Therefore, I must incline that you stop asking your stupid questions and leave her the hell alone or you are going to deal with me." Haku warned them. While his smile was smooth and his face showed no aggression, killer-intent could be felt coming off the Ice-User in waves, causing the crowd to quickly disperse. Tigress exhaled before looking in the direction of her lover with a smile.

"Thanks, Love." Tigress thanked her lover, who leaned over to kiss her cheek.

"I don't like seeing you anger, Tigress," Haku said with his charming eyes. Tigress was about to open her mouth to speak again when she caught the whiff of coal in her nose, she turned to see the Last Uchiha standing before her and her husband with his hands in his pockets. Haku was about to tell him to leave them alone but Tigress lifted her hand to stop him.

"What do you want, Uchiha?" Tigress asked. The Uchiha narrowed his eyes at her before looking down at her seal-bearing arm, then at the shinobi that almost killed him in the Land of the Waves, only to have this masked girl revive him. If she had the power to revive the dead, then that power needed to be his or, if it couldn't belong to him, then it needed to be under his control.

"You were dead. Kakashi struck you down when you tried to defend your master but here you are, living and breathing like nothing ever happened to you." Sasuke said pointing at Haku, who raised an eyebrow at him. Sasuke looked at Tigress before speaking again. "I want to know the power you used to revive him and his master. Tell me, now." Sasuke demanded the masked girl, who just raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't need to tell you anything, Uchiha," Tigress said with a sideways smirk; that angered Sasuke.

"Talk, you masked freak. As the Last of the Uchiha, you have to do what I say. I need that power to revive my clan; give it to me." Sasuke demanded as he pointed at the Seal-Written Arm of Tigress.

"I'm under no obligation to kiss your high and mighty ass, boy. Your arrogance is disgusting, now remove yourself from my presence." Tigress waved her hand away as if she was dismissing him. HIM - Sasuke Uchiha of the Great Uchiha Clan! No one dismissed him!

"I said give me the power!" Sasuke yelled as he darted forward, grabbing Tigress by her Sealed Forearm and jerked her to her feet but he was soon on the receiving end a Crystal Dagger that was pointed at his neck, right in a vial spot.

"Listen and listen well, Sasuke Uchiha - I hate privileged brats. They infuriate me to the nth degree. I am not a citizen here, I have no obligation to your clan nor am I interested in becoming you lapdog; thus, I warn you again - Begone from my presence and never step to me in such a manner again." With a flick of her wrist, Tigress dispelled the dagger and summoned a force of wind the push Sasuke down the stairs, where his fangirls and teammates were there to check on him.