18

Chapter 18

I awake with a deep breath and I groan as I sit up. I look over and see Zyair is still knocked out. I stand quietly, dress, and leave the tent. I see the others surrounding the campfire and head over.

"Good morning guys!" I say as I sit down.

"Morning." They all chirp, if a bit dully.

"Is Zyair not up?" Verdasani asks.

"Nope, he is a bear in hibernation."

Verdasani snickers and turns back to Sae and Max. I place myself next to Alicona and Oreno. They look up and smile.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" I question as I turn to Oreno. We may not have gotten along at all when we first met, but our adventure has forcibly bonded us to no one's distaste.

"Physically or mentally?" He replies.

"Both?" I say weakly.

"Well, that elf healed me but I am still a little freaked out about the magic thing."

"Her name is Jillian." I mention to him.

"Well I hope one day I can thank her." He sighs.

Then it hits me. My crystal. I jump up and take off running. The others look confused and watch me as I go. I reach the tent and shake Zyair awake. He groans and rolls over but eventually opens his eyes to look at me.

"What?" Zyair mumbles.

"Let's take the others to visit Jillian in Halina Sol before Adriel gets ready to go. He should be sleeping but we'll need to be quick. We still have our trackers."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? We could get in big trouble."

"That's why we will make it fast."

"Fine." He grumbles. He rises from his laying position, stretching out his arms above his head. I reach under my pillow and grab my rose quartz. We then head from the tent and back over to the campfire pit.

"Omega, what was that?" Oreno asks. "I might just slit your throat for dumping me in the middle of a conversation."

"Good luck with that." I snicker. "Anyway, do you guys want to go to Halina Sol to check on Jillian with us?"

"But how? That's impossible, even if we tried we wouldn't make it back before my father realizes we're gone." Alicona murmurs, and I hold up my rose quartz in response.

"This will take us there. I'm going with or without you guys, so are you coming or not?" They all turn to look at each other before turning back to me and nodding. "Okay, we will have to do this before Adriel gets up or leaves his tent. Come form a circle and link arms." We link arms and I rub the stone. I think of Jillian's home and there we go. The portal opens and we get sucked through.

Someone screams and my thoughts become screwed. We are sent back and I land on the ground with a hard thud. I groan and slowly open my eyes to look around. My vision is blurry as I see a white fabric flap in front of my face and the sound of talking hits my ears. I blink a few times and see a sail above me and a crew of people surrounding me. The smell of fish and salt hit my nose and I realize where I am.

"Pirates." I whisper in dread.

"Hey, there's a straggler on board!" A rough and scratchy voice states.

I feel arms grab at me and shake my body. I shriek and struggle against their rusty fingers and close my eyes tight.

"Stop moving boy!" A commanding voice tells me, and hands run over my body, causing me to grimace in disgust. I listen, though, and allow them to search me. I hope they don't take anything.