❀1❀

DONT SKIP THE PROLOGUE!

❀❀❀

And I stare at the phone, he still hasn't called

And then you feel so low you can't feel nothing at all

And you flashback to when he said, "Forever and always"

❀❀❀

October 2020

October 2020

Life has an interesting way of throwing things at you. Giving you the absolute worst moments of your life and then simply making all those problems vanish with a simple heartbeat.

These past three years were years I thought I was going to spend going through hell. I didn't see a way out. I had it stuck in my head that I was never going to be okay after everything I've ever loved was simply ripped right from me.

But that's the thing about life, one door closes and another one opens. And finally everything that you thought you weren't going to get past is just a memory stored in the back of your head.

Because how could I stay frozen in time, still weeping over a man who I simply wasn't good enough for, when I have my whole future right in front of me?

Phoebe.

Phoebe is the entire reason I got out of bed and moved on with my life.

I had to. For her, I needed to become the very best version of me.

And without her, I wouldn't have seen that part of my life as memory.

It doesn't hurt me like it used to. Sure, I get upset thinking about him sometimes, but he made his decision and I have to live with that.

So after five months of nothing but sent to voicemail, begging for him to simply just give me five minutes of his time so I could just tell him about our little miracle that was growing in my belly, I decided he doesn't deserve to know her.

He doesn't deserve to know the most precious little life. He was selfish, so I chose to be selfish too.

At that point I didn't care about an explanation anymore. I was done being pathetic trying to get just one word in. So I gave up. 

I wasn't going to waste my time trying to reach where ever he was in the world to beg him to come home or just to give me an explanation as to why he did what he did.