❀5❀

❀❀❀

I guess you never know, never know

And if you wanted me, you really should've showed

And if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow

And it's alright now

❀❀❀

It's been almost a week since my talk with Harry

My week has been busier than normal. Phoebe's birthday is Monday, so I planned a last minute birthday party for her tomorrow.

I invited some of her friends from daycare, my parents, Anne, Gemma and her husband, Maya, and some other distant family and friends that we don't see too often. I made the decision to invite Harry, so I gave Anne the permission to tell him. We'll see what he does with that information.

As much as it crushes my heart that my little baby is growing up, I'm actually looking forward to celebrating her birthday. I can't wait to see her beautiful face light up with excitement from all the love that surrounds her.

She deserves every single bit of love in this world.

Tonight's also my date with Charlie. Maya, Phoebe and I went shopping for an outfit earlier this week. Phoebe and I both got a cute outfit for the party and she even chose her halloween costume for next weekend. She has a lot to look forward to.

But currently, I'm sitting on my bathroom floor in a towel on the verge of a breakdown.

I can't help but let the anxiety take over.

Why did I agree to this date? Why did I think I was capable of starting something with someone else again?

I told myself that I was ready for this. I should be ready for this.

But if I'm not ready to put myself out there now, will I truly ever be able to bring myself to do it?

I'm going to have to eventually, and there's nothing stopping me now besides fear.

The fear of rejection. The fear of false hope. The fear of abandonment.

There's absolutely no way I'll be able to handle going through that again. I can't get attached just to watch another person walk out of my life once again.

I can just take it slow, I tell myself.

Nothing needs to come out of this. It's just a date and I don't need to go on another one if I don't want to.

No pressure.

After a few deep breaths I finally bring myself to get ready.

I have an hour to get ready before Charlie picks me up. Maya is downstairs watching Phoebe while I get ready. Phoebe couldn't hide her excitement that Auntie Maya is watching her. The moment Maya stepped foot into the house, Phoebe was already pulling her into the living room to play.