❀2❀

IF YOU SKIPPED THE PROLOGUE... GO BACK AND READ IT THIS INSTANT, I DIDNT WRITE IT FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES. ITS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE STORY.

❀❀❀

Oh my God it's you, I never thought I'd see you here

Looks like all is well, like you're having a hell of a good time

Me? I'm not gonna lie,

Got the sunshine on my shoulders,

Got a fistful of four leaf clovers, Yeah my cup runneth over,

My sky is blue, Been kissed by Lady Luck,

The stars are all lined up, Every arrow that I aim is true

But I miss you

❀❀❀

I woke up this morning before my alarm, jumping straight out of bed

Excitement radiating throughout my body. Today starts a new chapter. The chapter where my dreams can finally come true.

With waking up earlier, it gives me more time before Phoebe wakes up. I use this time of peace and quiet to really pamper myself. Taking a shower, blow drying and styling my hair, putting on makeup, and dressing cuter than usual. All things I usually have to rush through to avoid leaving Phoebe alone for too long.

But today, I'm feeling good. Good enough to look good.

Before putting on my outfit for the day, I walk across the hall to Phoebe's bedroom.

She sleeps peacefully tucked into her blanket with a stuffed elephant attached close to her. Her hair sprawled out over the pillow, little snores coming from her mouth.

Stepping closer towards her bed, I turn off her noise machine that plays different sounds. Last night she chose to fall asleep to the rain.

I crouch down beside her bed, reaching an arm up and push her hair out her face. She nuzzles her face into my hand at my touch. "Good morning, baby." I whisper gently waking her.

Her eyes slowly open, a soft groan leaving her while she stretches her body awake. "We got a big day today, you're gonna spend some time with grandma."

She stares at me for a moment blinking a few times, like she's trying to process what I said. "Grandma's?" Her little voice cracks.

"Yes, bug. She's missed you so much and wants to have fun with you." I softly say. "Is that okay?"

That gets her to wake up some more. A smile planted on her face, sitting up in bed.

"Grandma Gracie?" She asks, referring to my mom.