❀3❀

❀❀❀

In dreams

I meet you in warm conversation

We both wake

In lonely beds

In different cities

And time

Is taking its sweet time erasing you

And you've got your demons

And darlin' they all look like me

❀❀❀

I barely slept last night

My mind is overwhelmed with overbearing thoughts and questions.

Why now?

Why when I had finally mustered up the courage to move on with my life? When I finally started to do things for myself? When I finally started to forget the haunting memories?

He was supposed to be gone forever. He was supposed to just continue being the famous rockstar he built himself to be. He was supposed to leave and never come back.

Was that not enough for him now too?

Will anything ever be enough for him?

As if it didn't hurt me enough to watch him move on with his life through social media, he had to show up looking the same he did before he left. Before he became the arrogant coward he is now.

Was he expecting to just see Anne and go back? Was he just going to avoid me?

I know he wasn't expecting to see me in Anne's house. And I know damn well he wasn't expecting to see a tiny human calling me "momma".

So I'm sure he has questions, but he doesn't deserve to have them.

Anne has called me a few times, I just haven't been brave enough to pick up the phone.

I'm just not ready to face this.

It's either he stayed and is wanting answers, or he left and has gone back without a care in the world.

And honestly I don't know which one I would prefer.

If he stays, I get my answers. If he leaves, he truly is everything that I thought he was after he left the first time.