❀9❀

❀❀❀

Help me out of this hell

Your love lifts me up like helium

Your love lifts me up when I'm down, down, down, when I've hit the ground

You're all I need

'Cause your love lifts me up like helium

Your love lifts me up like helium

❀❀❀
TW: brief mentions of depression and su!cide.

For a long while now, I haven't been inspired

No inspiration to write. No inspiration to live.

I've been caught in a rut that I had to fight to get out of, that I'm still fighting to get out of.

It's easier now that I'm home. There's hope.

There was a point in time where I was convinced that there was no hope for me. That I was just going to stay trapped in a life that I don't want and isn't mine.

My whole life was public. I couldn't do anything for myself. I couldn't decompress and take a walk for fresh air without being bombarded with cameras.

They didn't know me. They didn't want to get to know me. They wanted to know the façade that management painted me to be.

I'm not and never was that person.

I had no voice.

The only voice I had was through lyrics, and even then they took that away from me. If my lyrics were too real or honest, they made sure that it wouldn't be released.

I had no creative freedom. No freedom at all.

For what should have been a dream come true for me, became one of the darkest times of my life. The biggest mistake I have ever made was leaving my home. The next biggest one was the way that I coped with that mistake. I'm not proud of anything I have done.

These past three years have been the darkest time of my life. I didn't tell Genevieve how bad it truly got for me, I didn't need her feeling bad or pitying me, because I don't deserve that from her. What I did deserve to go through though, was every bit of the pain and hurt just like I hurt her.

I'll never forgive myself for doing that to her.

After tour ended, there was a plateau of nothingness. After filming the movie, my schedule started to slow down. Nothing but sessions in the studio and the occasional pap walk with Kendall. So I finally got a moment of peace and I got to sit there with the guilt, the anger, the pressure that I felt and just kept it all in me. Until I finally broke down and let the urges get the best of me.