Too late

Camilo pov
"They what?" I ask. God what have I done. I've betrayed our promise. Why they asked me to never leave I told them

Of course [name]. Remember? Nothing can change how I think of you, and we will always be friends, through thick and thin

I promised them we would be together forever. I promised them. Why.

Dolores is fuming "YES YOU ASSHOLE. THEY STILL LOVE YOU. WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU." she shouts as she storms out.

What have I became. What have I done to my only friendship. I can't even say any words as I stand there, starstruck and alone in my room.

I finally walk out of my room after crying a lot. I see Isabella walking someone out. I know it's [name]. I won't talk right now. The decorations are still up. Mamá is downstairs. She'll know if I've been crying.

Time to try to avoid mamá so I can go to the kitchen. I walk past her, hanging my head low. "Awh! There's my little birthday boy - oh Camilo honey what's wrong?" Mamá asks as she grabs my face and brings it up to hers.

I just know Dolores is smiling right now. "Mamá not now" I say, pulling my face away and trying to walk away.

" Camilo you get RIGHT back here and tell me what is wrong" she shouts as I walk over to her.

"Isaidsomething" I whisper as I hear Dolores's voice explaining everything. I jump to see her behind me. How did she get there?!

Mamá looks at me, anger flashing in her eyes. " Camilo. Is this true?" She says, turning her attention from Dolores to me.

A thunder cloud appears above her. Papá walks in after he noticed the sky. "Pepa, clear skies, what happened?" He says as I quietly die on the inside.

Mamá explains it to papá as he looks at me, angry. And this began a long lecture. After about an hour papá calmed mamá down and brought her out of the room.

Your pov
Isabella dropped me home after a long talk. I go to a drawer and look at pictures we took together on my mamá's rusty camera.

I start to cry, both about my parents and Camilo. Why was my life so shitty. Hear a knock on my door. Shit.

I have to be respectful so I wander the door looking like I haven't slept in seven years.

"Pepa? Felix? What are you doing here?" I ask as Pepa gasps about the state I am in.

"[name] Dolores told us about what Camilo said to you and we are so very sorry that he told you those things. It was disgusting and he will be grounded for a month!" Felix says, giving me a look of pity.

"No, you don't need to ground him. Please don't ground Camilo" I beg as Felix bats an eye to Pepa.

"Okayyy. We will be going.  Thanks" Pepa said as the two walked away

The next day but Camilo pov
I walked outside, waiting for [name] to walk out of their house like they normally did. I needed to apologise.

2 hours passed and no sign of [name] so I went to their window. Their still asleep? No wait their moving. They have a picture in their hands... it's a picture of... [name] and I? I looked at their face and saw a tear escape their eye. I can't do this. I left the window, despite every cell in my body trying to get me to apologise before it could be too late. I just, it's unexplainable.

I walk inside the house to see abuela and Mirabelle arguing. I quickly go to my mamá and papá. Suddenly, a crack appears between the two. And then the house starts falling apart.

Everyone started panicking and running around as bricks, wood and just everything started falling out of casita.

I ran up the stairs and dodged a lot of fallen bricks. I go to grab the roof as josé but I shift back into myself suddenly. I fell onto the ground as I look around.

I see someone

Your pov

I finally got up, dressed and outside. I saw the unimaginable. Casita was breaking down.

I instantly ran inside to see everything happening.

Camilo pov

"[name] what are you doing here! Get out!" I shout as they sprint over to me.

"I'm saving your ass!" They say as they grab my arm like the good old days and we run side by side to the entrance.

I look up to see a huge rock about to fall on us and [name] pushes me out of the way. Pushed me away from death.

It's almost like it was in slow motion even though a hundred things happened at once.

I saw [name] smile at me as they pushed me away, tears coming out of their eyes. No, I can't let the do this. I grabbed their hand to drag them with me but it was too late. The rock fell on [name]'s leg.

One thing I'll never forget is the scream they let out. The blood curdling scream [name] shouted.

I just stood there, crouching by [name]'s side, crying and pulling as hard as I could at their arm. I tried to shift to Luisa but it didn't work?

"CAMILO, JUST (AGH) GO OUTSIDE!!" They shouted as I tugged with all my might. "NO! I CANT LEAVE WITHOUT YOU, [Name]" I screamed, tears flowing through my cheeks. I began pushing the rock away from [name].

Everyone else had escaped at this point, but I was determined to save [name]. I'm not letting them die today. Not yet

I could hear my family shouting for Mirabelle and I to just come outside, but I drowned them out. "PLEASE CAMILO JUST LEAVE I'LL BE FINE!" [name] screamed out.

"[name] NO! I CANT! I (sob) I'M GOING TO GET YOU OUT OF HERE!" I shout. I finally get the rock off of them and I picked them up, sprinting outside.

"Camilo!" Mamá shrieked, tears in her eyes. She was about to hug me but saw [name] in my arms. I looked down at them, horrified to see [name] unconscious.

I lay them down and slapped their cheek. It didn't work. I slapped it harder. Shit. I could hear papá calling an ambulance.

"No.. NO! [name] PLEASE DON'T DIE ON ME!! [name] WAKE UP!! WAKE UP [NAME]!!!" I screamed, laying my head on their chest. "Please.. don't die on me" I cried as I hugged them.

I heard sirens of the ambulance and I rushed to the ambulance and gave them [name]. I insisted I rode in the ambulance as mamá joined me.

What have I done.

Please [name]...

Just...

Wake up...