Old hag wave 2

Your pov
I was eating breakfast with Camilo. It's been a few days since the big mirror mishap and since then I covered up all mirrors in my house, since Camilo basically lives here at this point. Amanda has been coming over every day to talk to me. The atmosphere is so thick when Camilo and Amanda are in the same room, and it's the most awkward times I have been through in my life.

But today Camilo is walking around the house, making sure Amanda doesn't come in. Yesterday she came through my bedroom window and Camilo was super sad because he said it was our thing, so I'm pretty sure he's guarding the window with his life. I check on my phone to see a text message from Dolores.

'Abuela is going over to urs 2day, be careful'

I drop my spoon in my cereal bowl as I finish reading the text. I jump up and clean the kitchen spotless. Not a scratch on anything. I clean my room and put on a casual dress/ suit that looked cute, and made myself look as good as I can. I prepared food just in case abuela wanted any. I don't know why I'm making everything prim and proper for abuela, I just want to look my best so I could possibly get on her good side.

I was fixing my outfit as I hear a knock on the door. I answer it to see abuela. I let her in and she starts screaming her lungs off.

"[NAME] I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOUR STUPID ACTIONS. YOUR FAMILY TOOK MY HUSBAND AND PUT ME THROUGH SUFFERING UNIMAGINABLE. AND AFTER ALL THAT YOU GO AND STEAL MY GRANDSON AWAY FROM ME? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? HE HASN'T BEEN IN THE CASITA ALL WEEK! YOU ARE THE REASON MY FAMILY IS CORRUPT. YOU ARE THE REASON PEDRO DIED. YOU ARE THE REASON MY CHILDREN GREW UP WITH NO FATHER"

I should be standing up for myself. I should punch her. I should shout back. I should do something. But instead I stand there, crying. I know I shouldn't be like this. I need to be better. But it's scary. I don't know what to do so I don't do anything but cry. "Alma I wasn't even-" I began to talk back. I was going to point out that I wasn't even born when all that Pedro stuff went down.

Alma picks me up by the collar, she's surprisingly strong for an old hag, and scowls at me. "You'll never become a madrigal. All you'll be is a failure" she whispers as she throws me across MY OWN KITCHEN and I land in a cabinet, the cabinet breaking and all of the food in there - flour, rice, sugar etc - started falling on me and my head feels like it's been chopped open as wood planks from the cabinet scrape my arms and my cheeks and multiple heavy bags of food fall on my head and my hands. The side of my eyes I can see red. I see alma, hands over her mouth, realising what she just did. I'm almost about to close my eyes until the door whips open.

Camilo and Dolores stand at the entrance, Camilo lifting me up bridal style. My eyes are barley open at this point but I keep them as open as they can be. My head is pounding as the scratches from the would start bleeding intensely. Camilo doesn't know what to do so he's asking me questions to keep me awake as Dolores gets help.

"Keep your eyes open, please. Can you count to 10 slowly for me? I'll start, repeat after me, 1.." Camilo is rambling on and panicking a lot. Alma isn't moving a muscle and seems confused and scared. Never the less, I follow Camilo's instructions. "One" I slowly say, my head getting worse the second. My head is screaming at me to go asleep but my heart won't take that.

"[name], your doing great! Time for the next number... Tw- two" Camilo's choking on his words and his tears don't stop coming. He scraps counting and starts crying even more. "Please [name], just stay alive" he cries. His hands are trembling and his legs are shaking. Julieta and Pepa run in a bit later. Camilo looks up at them, his face and eyes red from crying. I smile and try to wave at them, but yelp at the pain of moving my arms. Camilo jumps a bit but holds me closer to him. My eyes are getting too heavy to handle. I look up at Camilo and as he looks at me, I take the chance to smile and finally get some rest. The last thing I hear is Camilo shouting and crying intensely and I feel wind gushing in my face as he brings me somewhere.

I get up somewhere familiar. Thank hod it wasn't the hospital. Beside me, Camilo's asleep. He's asleep in a chair? I look out a window it's night. It's so quiet. Not a single sound to be heard. How long was I asleep? I look at Camilo. He has eye bags under his eyes. The man must be tired. I try to lift my arms up but yelp from the pain. Camilo doesn't wake up. He's never been this tired. Nobody else is in the room. I hear footsteps a few minutes later and I look over to see Dolores.

She covers her mouth as tears escape her eyes. I smile at her as she waved back. I whisper a hello to her as she quickly walks up to me. She gives me a hug and I try to hug her back but I yelp even louder when trying to move my arms. This time it wakes up Camilo. He instantly tears up as he showers me with kisses. He's crying more than Dolores. "[name]! Your awake! I was so scared! I love you so much! I can't believe your finally awake!" He starts crying as I was very confused at the 'finally' part and when I asked about it DOLORES replied for him. "You've been sleeping for a week, [name]" WHAT. A WEEK? I was visibly shocked, as Dolores chuckled a bit. "Here, we'll explain it in the morning, get some more sleep the BOTH of you" she laughs and skips off. I'm in s double bed. Camilo looks nervous as he smiles awkwardly and asks "can I sleep in the bed with you?" He smiled, still tears running down his cheeks. As I agree he hops in and falls asleep hugging me.