Chapter 2 🍂

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were walking down the main street of Diagon Alley. They passed Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, Flourish and Blotts and Olivander's, making pit-stops at each store. The lists were oddly modified that year compared to all the other lists that they had gotten the previous years. They had all the usual books and items that they needed but this year the girls' list included: Maternity clothes (including dress), baby toys, A Parenting Guide by Elbano Narssico, a breast pump and a night-light. The boys' list included: Household clothes, baby toys, The Baby Book by Bambino Ballerio and baby clothes.

The group wondered where in hell they would find all that stuff when Ginny cried, 'Hey, look!' They looked at where the she was pointing and saw a large baby pink and baby blue, striped circus tent. In front of it was a board that said: The baby project shop! Hogwarts students only!

They walked into the tent and a bell rang to announce their arrival. They saw a friendly looking man behind a counter. 'Hello!' the man squeaked. 'How can I help you?' Hermione stepped forwards and announced kindly, 'We are from Hogwarts  and we need some stuff for this 'baby project.' 'Aahh yes!' said the man and he led then to the left side of the tent were there was a sign that read, 'Ladies supplies' The girls started looking for the stuff on their lists while the man pulled Ron and Harry to the other side of the tent where, Hermione assumed, were the boys' supplies.

The bell rang again and Hermione turned vaguely to see who had entered. Her mouth fell open. It was Draco Malfoy. Though he looked nothing like the Draco Malfoy that they had seen walk away with his mother on the last day of school. No, it was as if he had completely changed. He was, there was no other word for it, hot. He seemed kinder than before, he smiled at the squeaky man and shook his hand. The man led Malfoy towards the boys side where Hermione saw Ron eyeing him suspiciously.

Before she knew it Ron had said, 'How's your dad, Malfoy?' Hermione saw Malfoy's pale face blush pink and his eyes water. Ron laughed. 'Ashamed of yourself?' he said. 'As you should be!' Hermione walked over and exclaimed, 'Give him a break!' Ron looked astounded, Harry looked breathtaken but Ginny came closer and smiled. 'Hermione's right,' she said. 'Give him a break.'

Malfoy seemed to think of thanking them but then said, 'I don't need help from a filthy little mudblood, Granger, nor a pathetic blood-traitor, Weasley.' Ron's ears turned dangerously red. 'Shut up, Malfoy...' he growled. 'I hear your pig mother is expecting!' How shall she care for the disgusting blood-traitor child? Surely your house doesn't fetch up nearly enough?' 

Hermione honestly thought that Ron was going to punch Malfoy but instead he picked up his shopping basket (it had been thrown to the floor in the heat of the moment), and walked over to the counter to pay, so did Malfoy, after having collected all the necessary supplies that he needed. Hermione was right in front of him in the line and could feel his soft breaths against back of her neck, free of her hair that was tied in a loose bun at the top of her head.

When it was Hermione's turn to check out all her stuff the man first took out the toys, then the book, then the clothes, then the night light, and finally, the breast pump. The man first measured the largeness and tallness of the pump cup, just like he had done with Ginny, but then he did something different, 'Can't be sure, we'll just have to try.' He took the pump cup in his right hand and stuffed it on around of Hermione's breasts.

Hermione's heart started pounding harder than ever, trying to escape her body. She had felt Malfoy's breathing quicken and nove to the right a few inches when the man stuffed on the cup. It fit her breast perfectly so after observing it for a minute or two, the man pulled the cup towards him and it unattached from Hermione with a loud Pop!  

She paid, feeling very embarrassed and ran out of the shop the moment that the man handed her the bag full of baby stuff. 'That was NOT cool!' complained Hermione on the groups' way to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. 'I mean- he had no right to just- I feel violated!' She finished sadly when they arrived. the group looked at her with sorrowed faces as they took a seat right outside the parlor.

Florean Fortesque greeted them and gave them all free Chocolate and Caramel Sundaes as a thank you for their 'service in the war.' They all sat and laughed while they ate their delicious, creamy ice-creams, but one thing was still on Hermione's mind. Had Malfoy looked? She had felt his breath move a few inches to the right when the man popped on the pump. And even if it turns out he had, she didn't know whether to be pleased or troubled about it!

They all finished their Sundaes, thanked Florean ('Oh, but it was all my pleasure!' he waved at them as they left.), and Apparated to the Burrow. Hermione was happy that no one mentioned what had happened at the shop that afternoon when they sat at dinner that evening, digesting the delicious Cottage Pie that Mrs. Weasley had served them. Mrs. Weasley was already getting quite big and Hermione wondered vaguely when she was due.

As she went to sleep that night with George, she was showered with guilt. The fact that she had thought of Malfoy as hot broke literally all the relationship codes in the world! And George was such a nice person, she couldn't possibly do this to him! She fell asleep, head aching with guilt and had the weirdest, yet most terrible, dream. 

Voldemort was back, his cat-pupil eyes gleeming menacingly red and she was on a high stage, tied to a chair. In front of her sat George and Malfoy, both tied to chairs just like hers. Voldemort's voice boomed, 'At your feet sit the blood-traitor, George Weasley and the failure, Draco Malfoy. Their fate awaits your decision. One shall be spared and one shall die.' The last word echoed through- wherever they were. Hermione looked down and saw George begging, 'Please, 'Mione, please. I love you...' Then she turned to look at Malfoy and saw that he was not begging, like George, but he had silent tears pouring down his face. This image mentally hurt Hermione. She did not know how, she did not know why, but she found herself wanting to spare Malfoy. 'Ah yes, Miss Granger, I see your true heart's desire. You choose the blonde!' 'Hermione's eyes darted to George and saw his panic-stricken face glaring up at her. 'No, Mione, Mione, please!'He was begging. Hermione started crying. 'Mione!' 'Avada Kedavra!' 'Hermione, NOO-' 

All fell silent and Hermione woke up from that terrible nightmare gasping for breath. 'What's wrong, darling?' asked George kindly. 'Nothing- just, nightmare...' muttered Hermione. George gave a small nod, wished her good night and fell asleep again.

Words in this chapter: 1215