Chapter 9 🍂

There was excitement in the air as Christmas eve drew closer. It was very much like the Yule ball. Hermione, on the other hand, was bummed. She had just remembered that her due date was on Christmas eve, so she might not be able to go at all.

They reached a week before Christmas, Hermione's bump was the size of a watermelon. There was a Hogsmeade trip on that day so Hermione and Ginny took the chance and went outfit shopping for the ball. After two hours they both had picked out a pair of shoes, a dress, jewelry and make-up.

The day before Christmas eve finally arrived. Everyone was talking about the ball the next day. For most, this was a day to look forward to, but for Hermione it was a day of fear. She hadn't really thought much about labour. She had been more concentrated on the plan, and the ball, that she had not had much time to think about it.

The next day everyone was overexcited, they were jumping and singing, something about a ball made people go crazy with happiness. The plan was that Ginny would go over to Hermione's flat so that they could change without being seen by the boys, and Draco would go to Harry's flat, where they would get changed.

At half past five (the ball would start at eight), Draco left the flat, not understanding why girls needed so much time to get ready, and was replaced by a beaming Ginny. Her bump had gotten quite big too but it was still smaller than Hermione's. They did each others hair and make-up and then Ginny got changed into her outfit first.

Ginny's outfit.

Ginny beamed at herself in the mirror

Ginny beamed at herself in the mirror. 'Hermione!' she said. 'You should seriously consider becoming a make-up artist! This is gorgeous!' Hermione smiled and said, 'I'm going to go pull on my gown.'

Hermione's outfit:

She looked at herself in the mirror and gasped

She looked at herself in the mirror and gasped. 'Hermione, you look stunning.' said Ginny. 'You too.' replied Hermione distractedly, stilling staring at her face in the mirror. She then realised how uncomfortable the heels were. Ginny, not that far along in her pregnancy, didn't seem to have a problem with hers.

They left the room and people wandering around the seventh floor gasped. The girls quickly headed down to the Great Hall and saw many familiar faces. Lee Jordan was chatting with Cho Chang, Bill Weasley was talking to Professor Flitwick, and Fleur Delacour was laughing with Viktor Krum. 

'Viktor!' exclaimed Hermione. Krum saw her and ran to gave her a hug. 'How are you? Is everything vell?' he spotted Hermione's belly. 'Are you-?' he started but got cut off by Hermione. 'It's for a school project,' she laughed. 'We have to become parents for a year.' 'Oh,' said Krum, looking relieved. 'I vas getting vorried!' They chuckled together. 

Hermione turned to look where Ginny had been standing and saw her kissing with Harry. Next to them was Draco, looking for someone by the looks of it. He spotted Hermione and his mouth fell open, his eyes darted up and down her pregnant body. 'Draco! Look who's here!' Draco and Krum nodded to each other awkwardly, Hermione stared down at the gleaming floor. 

'So, shall ve get something to drink?' asked Krum after a moment of silence. 'Sure,' said Hermione and she and Krum started walking towards the snack bar. Hermione saw that Draco wasn't moving. She headed back to where he was standing quietly and pulled him with her. 'Don't be silly!' she laughed. 'Come!'

They all got Mocktails (since Hermione wasn't allowed to drink alcohol) and found a seat at one of the golden lined table. They drank and laughed for an hour until Ginny came running their way. 'Hermione,' she panted. 'A word?' Hermione nodded, stood up and walked with Ginny. 'George just got here! Quick, go make out with Draco! I'll send him to your flat in fifteen minutes! Hurry!' Hermione quickly rushed off.

'Draco,' she whispered, tapping him on his shoulder. 'Er- can you come with me? Viktor, it was so great to see you!' 'You too, I vill vrite soon.' Hermione and Draco quickly rushed off, Hermione was giggling. Draco seemed to have understood what they were doing.. They ran up to their flat, the corridors were empty, all the students being at home or at the ball. Draco threw open the door, running in, Hermione followed, shutting the door behind her, careful to leave it unlocked.

They made their way their way towards the bedroom, kissing fiercely. Draco picked up Hermione and threw her on the bed, she gasped and then giggled. They pulled out the sheets from under the mattress, throwing them carelessly out of the way. They crawled under them, their clothes being thrown off. Hermione kept kissing Draco almost getting lost in the moment. She then heard a sound... the sound of footsteps. 

'Hermione?' came a nervous voice. Hermione looked up from Draco's face a saw George walking in. He gasped at the sight of her and Draco. Draco had the sheets held up to his waist, revealing his muscular abs, whilst Hermione was holding hers up to just above her breasts. 'What the hell?' said Draco, outraged. 'I-I'm sorry, I didn't- Ginny said- I'll leave.' said George sadly. 

'Wait George...' called Hermione. Draco looked at her, shocked. ''Mione, why are you telling this pervert to stay?' he asked. 'Don't call him that!' she snapped, rather harder than she had intended to. 'I-I need to tell you guys something..' she whispered, terrified. 'What is it, darling?' asked Draco. '

Hermione took a deep breath and said, 'So, er- Draco, George and I used to date... not anymore! But we used to, we broke up a while before we came back to Hogwarts... The reason we broke up is because he- well, he made another girl pregnant...' Draco interrupted her. 'So he's a cheater too, is he!' he raged. 'Draco!' continued Hermione.

'Anyways, a few weeks ago I had a dream of you, George, blowing off that poor girl. So... I-I thought of a plan... I would, er- start dating someone else... and then, er-  maybe if you saw that I was taken than m-maybe you would go back to her..' Hermione felt ashamed. 'So,' croaked Draco, not realising how odd his voice sounded. 'You've been using me this entire time?'

Hermione had tears in her eyes. She looked down but then gave the tiniest nod. Draco had tears in his eyes too but he rapidly wiped them away with the back of his shaking hand. Hermione looked around at George and saw that he looked shaken, but not nearly so as Draco. 'I'm so, so sorry, Draco...' whispered Hermione, turning back to him. 

'That's Malfoy to you, Granger.' he said coldly. He turned and headed to the door but then there was a loud splash. Hermione felt a painful feeling in her stomach. Draco had turned on his heel at the noise and was staring at the pool of liquid under Hermione. The liquid had splashed all over Hermione's brand-new dress, but this didn't matter to any of them.

'Draco!' Hermione cried painfully. 'I'm in labour!'

Hey! Unfortunately, I have recently started school (yesterday), so with that and homework, I will have very limited time to write. I am pretty sure that I will be able to write at least one chapter per day and I'll definitely try my best to! I am really sorry! 

Words in this chapter: 1295