Chapter 12 🍂

'Draco, will you get that?' called Hermione as the door bell rang. 'Sure-' gasped Draco, lunging for the door. Hermione frantically looked around the room, trying to spot the twins' pacifiers. The two little twins were now one week old, though since they were magical that made them 22 weeks. The tiny devil-makers had been driving Draco and Hermione absolutely crazy. They had barely gotten sleep those days and the babies sure seemed to love wrecking stuff; their beautiful new apartment was already ruined. 

''Mione,' panted Draco, scattering back into the living room. 'Harry's at the door- he wants to see you,' Hermione ran over to the door and found Harry standing there anxiously. 'Ginny's gone into labour,' he said before Hermione could ask what was up. 'What?' said Hermione, eyes wide open. 'Merlin's sake- okay, er- let me get the twins to calm down and then I'll go straight to the hospital wing. I'll meet you guys there,' 

She got the twins into bed for their afternoon nap and quickly told Draco what was going on before sprinting as hard as she could towards the hospital wing. 'The Flash!' exclaimed and excited muggle-born first-year as Hermione ran past him. Hermione reached the great doors hiding the hospital wing and threw them open. She heard a moan of pain coming from a bed hidden by curtains. 'It's okay, Gin.' a male voice said. ''Mione's gonna be here any second now,' 

Hermione ripped apart the curtains and went to hug her best friend. 'Oh honey!' she cried. 'How are you?' Ginny opened her mouth to say something but then immediately closed it. She squeezed her eyes tight and let out a groan. When the contraction was over Madam Pomfrey walked over to Ginny's bed and measured how much she was dilated. 'That's ten centimeters, dear,' she announced brightly. 'You ready to go have a baby?' 

'I s'ppose...' muttered Ginny gloomily. 'But I want Hermione to come with me,' Hermione's heart skipped a beat. Ginny seriously wanted her there at the birth of her baby? She felt honored. 'If that's what you really want...' said Hermione warmly. Ginny and Hermione exchanged  beams. 'In we go then!' said Madam Pomfrey and she wheeled Ginny to the delivery ward. 

Hermione didn't mention it but she found it truly traumatizing to watch Ginny give birth. With someone else giving birth she could really see what was happening and the fact that her body had been in that same position only days before horrified her. She also felt terrible for Ginny because she knew the pain she was in. Ginny was screaming and shouting as blood flew everywhere. Madam Pomfrey thought that it would be smart to show Ginny what was going on so she held up a mirror to show Ginny what she could see. Though this only made matters worse.  Ginny freaked out when she saw what her body was going through and started screaming even louder. Hermione's hand was really starting to hurt from Ginny clutching it which showered her with sympathy for Draco.

'Make it stop!' cried Ginny. 'Oh, please, make it stop!' After three hours and forty seven minutes, Madam Pomfrey announced, 'I see the head! Give me three more  pushes!' Ginny roared for one last time and then there was a cry; a baby cry. Ginny had her eyes closed and was panting heavily. She sat up straight as Madam Pomfrey approached her with the baby. 'Try to see if he'll drink from your breast, dear.' She said. Hermione gave Ginny her congratulations and left the delivery wing to give the couple some privacy.

When she got back to her flat she found Draco asleep in their bed. She quickly went to check on Diana and Scorpius and saw that they too, were asleep. "Mione?" Mumbled a voice. 'That you?' Hermione headed back over to the bedroom and got under the covers. Draco smiled and kissed her, slowly slithering his hand up her shirt. 'Draco, wait,' said Hermione. 'I promise we can do that in just a second but first I have to ask you something,' 

'Was it scary? To see me give birth? Did it kind of freak you out?' She asked. 'To be honest,' said Draco. 'The actual birth part wasn't that scary. The only part that really scared me was seeing you in so much pain,' Hermione smiled. 'Ok,' she said. 'You may continue,' Draco chuckled  appreciatively as he unhooked her bra from under her shirt. Hermione pulled off her shirt, exposing her bare chest. She ripped off Draco's T-shirt as he swung her on top of him. 

Hermione fiddled with Draco's belt before smoothly removing it and kissing him. Draco pulled off Hermione's leggings and panties before pulling off his jeans and boxers. 'Wait,' said Hermione, sitting up. 'Do you have a condom?' 'Oh yeah,' realized Draco, scuffling through the drawer of his bedside table. 'Here,' he said when he struck gold. He started to pull it on. 'Draco, just do it already,' Hermione said. 'Ok, ok,' said Draco, throwing the condom off the bed. Draco swung on top of Hermione and started working his magic. Hermione gasped and then moaned. 'Draco, go harder,' she begged. 'Your wish is my command,' panted Draco. Hermione felt so pleased. She and Draco were just right. And they both knew it. 

They went at it for two hours. 'How many calories do you think we just burned?' asked Hermione playfully, running her finger down Draco's six pack. Draco laughed softly. 'That was fun,' he said brightly. 'We should do it more often.' Hermione chucked and nodded happily. 'It's dinner time,' she said, checking her watch. 'Do you wanna eat here or go to the great hall?' Asked Draco. 'I don't know,' said Hermione's thoughtfully. 'This really tired me out and I'm also pretty sore... so I'm not really in the mood to cook. I think it would be better to go downstairs.' Draco agreed. He stood up to get dressed and so did Hermione. 'Hey, Draco?' she said slowly. 

Why is there a condom on the floor?' Draco thought for a second and then remembered. He had thrown the condom away in the heat of the moment. 'Oh, yeah, er- it must have fallen on the floor when I got the other one,' he lied. 'Oh, ok,' said Hermione, totally falling for the lie. 

Ten minutes later the couple had gotten the babies and were heading downstairs. When they got to the great hall many people applauded. Hermione and Draco exchanged puzzled looks before figuring out that people were probably applauding because of the babies. They smiled and walked over to the Gryffindor table. 

After enjoying a quick meal of pork chops for the parents and baby food for the babies the small family stood up to leave. 'Silence please,' boomed a voice, causing them to stop dead in their tracks. They saw that McGonagall had gotten to her feet so they sat down. There were scuffles behind them as Ginny, Harry and their baby joined them. 'Oh, hi,' said Hermione brightly. 'I think McGonagall has a speech prepared or something so we'll talk in a second.' Ginny nodded and Harry smiled. 

'Some of you may have noticed,' started McGonagall. 'That this year's head boy and girl haven't been chosen yet.' There were murmurs across the hall. 'This is due to the fact that many of the seventh years have been busy with the baby project. Now that all babies have been born I find it fitting time to crown the title of head boy and girl. So without further ado, this year's head boy is... Harry Potter!' There was applause and Hermione beamed. 'Congratulations you guys!' She exclaimed, automatically assuming that Ginny would be head girl. 'And this year's head girl will be,' Professor McGonagall interrupted. 'Hermione Granger!' Again there was applause, though it did not soften Hermione's shocked expression. 'I- what-' fumbled Hermione. 'Congrats, you two!' Said Draco and Ginny. Hermione and Harry thanked them before McGonagall spoke again. 

'Could the head boy and girl come up to the front, please?' She requested. Hermione and Harry said goodbye to the rest, stood up, and made their way towards the staff table. When they got there McGonagall introduced them to everyone and started babbling about the fact that they were there to help with everything. Suddenly, Hermione felt her stomach do a flip. She quickly got over it and kept on smiling. But then another one came, much more intense than the other. Then all of a sudden she felt the temptation to puke. She quickly said 'Excuse me,' before running to the bathroom. When she got there she leaned over the toilet and threw up, her stomach still twisting. 

'Hermione?' Called Draco.  'In here,' she said miserably. He quickly found her stall and went to hug her. 'Draco-' she gagged, pulling away to throw up some more. 'It'll  be ok,' said Draco soothingly, holding back Hermione's hair. 'Let it all out...'

Words in this chapter: 1506