Chapter 7 🍂

Draco pushed Hermione, who was sitting in a wheelchair, all the way from the Hospital wing on the fourth floor to their flat on the seventh floor. When they arrived at their flat, Draco pushed Hermione to the bedroom and helped her get onto the bed and under the covers.

'Well,' said Draco. 'I'll be on the couch if you need me.' He made to walk towards the door but Hermione called, 'Draco, wait,' The Slytherin turned on his heel to face Hermione. 'Stay..' she whispered. Draco slowly walked over to the bed and paused. Hermione gestured him inside the bed.

'It's way more comfortable than the couch, you know...' she said, smiling. Draco slowly got in and sighed. 'You're right!' he said in a mock surprise voice. 'This is more comfortable! Who would have known?' 'Draco.' 'Hm?' 'Sh.' she held her finger to the brim of his lips. Draco fell silent, gazing into her eyes.

Hermione traced her finger up to his soft, silver-blonde hair. Draco was staring unblinkingly at her smooth, rosy lips. Hermione leaned closer until their lips were inches away from each other. Draco took the chance and kissed her. They were in bed kissing for what seemed like an eternity.

They both slowly felt their clothes coming and thrown off the bed... they were no longer needed. Draco spun Hermione over him so she was on top. This reminded Hermione of George, who had always done that...

Well, that's why she was there, right? To get revenge on George and make him realise that he should be with his real family. Draco was all part of the plan... the project.

***

Hermione woke up the next morning feeling exhausted; it had been a long night... She rolled over, eyes closed, and felt bare, hot skin... but it wasn't hers...  She felt around a bit more and felt a six pack- 'Having fun there?' said a voice, and Hermione remembered everything

Hermione Granger had just had sex with Draco - freaking - Malfoy. Her eyes flashed open. She saw Draco, laying next to her in the silk bed, naked. But so was she... Her eyes flicked to Draco's chest; it was covered in cuts and bruises, Hermione remembered the incident on the Hogwarts express. She saw that the injuries looked much older, but still bad.

'Draco...' she said. 'What happened to your chest?' Draco stared down at his muscular abs. 'Oh that.' he said. 'That's just a gift from my dad.' Hermione stared at him. 'But I thought he was in Azkaban!' she cried. 'Oh, he is. Don't worry.' said Draco, weirdly not even showing an ounce of sadness at the thought of his own father in that terrible place. 'But then how-' started Hermione but Draco cut her off.

'They allowed him to spend the day with us a few weeks before we came back. Of course, he took it as an opportunity to 'punish me'.' Hermione looked outraged. 'But you didn't even do anything!' she said indignantly, looking very mad. Draco merely shrugged. 'You should at least clean the cuts and ice the bruises... some stuff is starting to look infected.' said Hermione.

Draco reluctantly allowed Hermione to clean all his cuts, hissing everytime it burned. When they were finished, Hermione poured them both a goblet of fresh pumpkin juice and they drained the juice down in seconds.

'What do you want for lunch?' asked Draco at noon. 'I want pickles.' decided Hermione. 'With ice-cream!' Draco stared at her blankly. 'Or I could make some pasta.' he suggested. Hermione shrugged. 

They took their lunches to bed and ate while chilling under the warm duvet and the cool silk sheets. 'Oh, I forgot to mention- we have a doctors appointment at ten past two.' said Hermione vaguely. 'Hermione, that's now!' cried Draco. He got up, got dressed and when he was done he stared at Hermione.

'What are you waiting for?' he asked. She frowned, got up and got dressed in a white t-shirt and some jeans overalls. Draco led the way out the door, hastily grabbing his key card from the island in passing. Hermione followed him out the door, to the hospital wing on the fourth floor. She felt a rush of relief when the great, oak doors leading to the hospital wing came into view.

They flew through and ran into Madam Pomfrey's office which was located at the back of the wing. They burst through the door which made Madam Pomfrey jump. 'Merlin's beard!' she frowned. 'Well you two sure took your time.' Hermione and Draco started apologising but she shushed them.

She led them into her office where there was a hospital bed, parallel to the front of her desk. She beckoned Hermione onto the bed, who did what she was told. She had had to pull her overalls down to her waste and lift the white shirt slightly, just to reveal her belly. 'You took the pregnancy potion yesterday, am I correct?' asked Madam Pomfrey, but Hermione was sure that she already knew the answer.

Hermione nodded slightly. The school healer pulled out a machine from behind her desk. It was an ultrasound machine. Hermione, having grown up with muggles, had seen a fair few of those machines, but Draco, who had grown up hating muggles and everything to do with them, was looking utterly perplexed. 

'What is that?' He sneered. 'An ultrasound machine.' said Madam Pomfrey simply. 'It's something muggles use for their pregnancy, it's honestly quite useful. Draco kept staring at the machine, looking as astonished as ever. Madam Pomfrey ignored this and took the ultrasound probe (which had been hanging lazily on the side of the machine), spread some see-through gel on it, and smeared it all over Hermione's belly.

Hermione immediately felt a freezing feeling in her stomach. It was as if the probe had been of ice, not whichever material it really was. Madam Pomfrey started moving the probe across Hermione's belly. It felt just like a cold massage. Hermione looked up at the screen and saw a black and white picture, she wasn't really able to make out where the babies where.

'Where are they?' she asked sadly. Madam Pomfrey pointed to two white dots, about the size of sunflower seeds. 'Now,' said Madam Pomfrey. 'We are going to work together over the next few months to make a birth plan for Mrs. Malfoy. First of all, would you like to take some medication?' Hermione hesitated. 'Could it hurt the babies?' she asked quietly.

'Well,' replied Madam Pomfrey. 'It could... but that would be very rare, it usually doesn't.' Hermione looked at Draco, who had stopped staring at the machine and was now gazing straight at Hermione's face. 'Draco...' she said. 'I-I don't want to take any chances.' 

'Very well, very well.' said Madam Pomfrey distractedly. 'You may go. Oh, one more thing. Would you like to know the sex of the babies?'

Words in this chapter: 1157