Chapter 6 🍂

Hermione woke up the next morning and didn't bother going to the dining hall for breakfast. She found bacon and eggs in the fridge, she hadn't seen them yesterday... was it like the room of requirement (?), except in the shape of a fridge, of course. She pulled a frying pan from the cupboard under the sink and threw the bacon and eggs in it. She then turned on the stove and saw the blue, magical flames that Hermione was so excellent at producing.

When the bacon started sizzling and the eggs started to get a tan, Hermione pulled the frying pan of the stove, pulled two silver plates out of the cupboard above, and scooped the breakfast into the plates. She shoved them to the side and opened the fridge again. 

Inside she spotted a jug of what looked like freshly squeezed, bright orange pumpkin juice. She grabbed two golden goblets out of one of the cupboards and poured a fair amount of juice in each. She then took a tray that had appeared on the island and propped the delicious breakfast on it.

Not forgetting about her plan, she walked happily into the living room (Malfoy jumped at her footsteps), and laid the tray on the glass table. 'Breakfast!' she announced brightly, sitting down in an armchair opposite Malfoy. He took a plate and a goblet suspiciously and examined the meal. He shook the goblet of pumpkin juice slightly, his face suggested that he had thought that something would jump up at him, he seemed surprised that nothing did.

'Are you trying to poison me, Granger?' he asked suspiciously. Hermione laughed. 'Oh but of course not!' she said. 'You are, after all, the soon-to-be father of my unborn child!' Malfoy looked horrified at her sudden change of personality towards him. 'Oh that reminds me,' continued Hermione. 'We have our appointment at nine-thirty today that's in...' Hermione glanced at the shiny, gold clock that hung above the brightly lit fireplace. 'Blimey! That was five minutes ago! Quick, get dressed!' she ordered and they both rushed out of the room.

'I'll change in here, you change in the bathroom.' Hermione told Malfoy. He ran into the bathroom and started changing. Hermione picked a lavender jump suit from out of her trunk and hastily started changing. She had just pulled on her pants when Malfoy ran out of the bathroom, into the bedroom. They both froze. Malfoy was wearing a black suit, complete with a green tie and Hermione was wearing sweatpants and a bra.

Malfoy stared at her, perplexed by the sight. He seemed, if nothing, attracted to the sight. Hermione was wearing a green bra, which was, of course, the Slytherin colour. She decided not to comment on Malfoy's staring and quickly pulled on the lavender hoodie. 'You comin'?' she asked.

Malfoy took a moment to respond but then nodded and followed her footsteps out of the bedroom. They ran as fast as they could to McGonagall's office. When they arrived, panting heavily, they found her waiting outside the stone gargoyle for them. 'You are seventeen minutes late.' she said sternly. 'I-' began Hermione, but she was cut off by Malfoy.

'It was me Professor.' he said. 'I overslept.' Hermione stared at him but he continued looking straight into the eyes of Professor McGonagall. 'Very well.' she sighed after a long moment. 'Follow me.' She led them into her office. It looked exactly the same as when Dumbledore had been there. Except Hermione noticed the absence of Dumbledore's Pheonix, Fawkes, and saw that a new portrait had been added amongst the portraits of all Hogwarts' Headmasters and Headmistresses; the portrait of Professor Severus Snape, their old Potions Master.

'Greetings,' he said quietly. Hermione and Malfoy simply nodded at him. 'Anyways,' said McGonagall. 'Let me explain how this potion works; I shall need a hair from both of your heads so that the baby inherits your genes and DNA. Then Mrs. Malfoy (the roommates gulped) will drink the potion and get pregnant for three months. After three months Mrs. Malfoy will give birth in the hospital wing, but that shall all be explained near the end of her pregnancy.' 

She stretched out her hand and Hermione pulled a hair out of her scalp. She laid the long, curly strand of hair in the Headmistress' hand and McGonagall threw it in an acid green potion, sitting quietly on her wooden desk. They both turned to Malfoy who was staring at them, looking utterly shocked. 'You expect me to pull my hair out for a school project?' he asked, astonished. 'Yes Mr. Malfoy, that is the general idea.' replied Professor McGonagall blandly, as if she had had the same scene from other students.

While he was staring at McGonagall, Hermione took her chance and pulled one snowy blonde, soft, shiny hair from Malfoy's head. 'Hey!' he raged, scowling at the living people inside the room. Hermione handed McGongall the hair and she threw it in the potion which immediately turned gold and looked a great deal less like poison. The Professor waved her wand and one golden goblet, just like those in Hermione and Malfoy's flat's kitchen, appeared out of thin air.

She took a ladle that was laying lazily on the table and poured two spoon-fulls of golden potion into the goblet. She then handed the goblet to Hermione, who she drank the whole potion in one take. She immediately felt a horrible, painful sensation in her stomach. She heard the goblet in her hand fall to the floor with a clatter and Hermione fainted into someones arms.

Hermione awoke to whispers and hushed voices all around her. 'Why do you think she fainted?' 'Is she going to be ok?' 'Did she die?' Hermione's eyes flashed open at these words. She looked down at her arms and felt very much alive. 'Hermione, you're awake!' cried a voice.

Hermione looked up from her pale arms to see Ginny beaming at her. 'Gin!' she said. 'What happened?' 'Well you were taking your pregnancy potion...' started Ginny. 'When you, well, you fainted.' 'What?' said Hermione, shocked. 'Is the baby all right?' 'Oh yes, yes, the baby is just fine.' smiled Ginny. 'If you had fallen to the floor the floor the babies could have been seriously injured, but luckily Malfoy caught you and carried you to the hospital wing as fast as he could.'

'He what?' asked Hermione, staring at Ginny. 'And did you say babies?' 'Oh yes! I almost forgot, Madam Pomfrey just confirmed it, you see, but you're having twins!' said Ginny brightly. Hermione beamed and smiled. She looked around the room and saw crowded around her bed, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Neville, Luna and Hagrid. 

Hermione found Malfoy, lurking in a corner at the back of the hospital wing, glancing over at her bed every now and then. He caught sight of her looking at him and blushed pale pink, Hermione gave him a smile and he nodded. Hermione felt a rush of triumph; she had won him over.

Words in this chapter: 1168