Chapter 18

Hello, everyone! This is a little later than I would have liked, but alas life got in the way. Unfortunately, the next chapter might be a day or two late as well, because this Wednesday I'm going on an adventure trip with a group from school to the mountains for three days. Joy. Don't worry though, I'll still get that chapter posted. No way will I ever give up on this story ;)

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to doctor_lets_run because, even though I doubt they read this story, I really love their stories, especially 'My Singing Mate' and I can't believe it isn't even more popular than it already is. You should really read it, you won't regret it ;)

Also (sorry for the long A/N by the way), there will be an editorial note at the bottom of this chapter and it's very important that you read it. Nothing major, just straightening some things out.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter, and please vote/comment! :)

Kieran's POV

"Could you just....clarify that a little please, Kieran?," Malcolm asked in a gruff voice that made me insinctively want to roll over and bare my belly to the Alpha.

Mal had never really seemed like a particularly notable Alpha, which was fair enough since he'd only been at it for maybe two months or less. But now, with that feral look in his eyes...

I didn't want to answer, didn't want to say anymore. I'd said enough, couldn't they just guess? I mean, I'd made it pretty obvious, but I supposed Mal had to be sure. I was almost certain that Christopher already knew what I was about to say- that first day we'd met, he'd seen the bruises on my thighs, seen the little half-moon cuts from my uncle's fingernails. He hadn't mentioned anything, I guessed that was him giving me space, but after this...

"We were raped," I said, trying to keep my voice steady and emotionless, "My uncle raped me, and the entirety of the pack elite and some of the pack boys at school raped Nicholas. If my brother hears that, no matter how much he dislikes me, he'll want blood."

In the blink of an eye, Malcolm was gone, replaced by an enormous copper Alpha wolf. He was gone in an instant, howling and whimpering. I could hear the terrified shouts of the pack members out in the corridor as they screamed warnings out to others to stay out of the way.

I only had maybe ten seconds to register this too, because that was all the time it took for Chris' control to shatter completely. It took everything I had to shrink back from him as he lunged for me with a look of fury on his face. He lifted me out of my chair, one arm under my knees and one against my upper back, keeping me crushed up against him, and ran out of the office so quickly that I closed my eyes so I wouldn't throw up.

The next thing I knew I was lying on my back on sheets that smelled like Chris, with Chris himself lying on top of me, pressing me into the mattress. His arms were wrapped tightly around my chest above and below my shoulders, his legs entangled with mine, and he'd somehow managed to kick off both of our pairs of shoes from that position. He'd pulled aside the collar of my sweater to expose my bare neck and shoulder, and he was pressing kisses to the exposed skin.

"Chris? Chris, are you okay?," I asked in a small voice, but there was no answer.

Chris hadn't said anything since the office, and his silence was beginning to worry me. Why wouldn't he speak to me? I mean, if he was disgusted with me he surely wouldn't be kissing my neck and collarbone so eagerly, but maybe he was angry?