Chapter 8

Hello! This may just be my quickest update ever, as well as my longest. This is over 3'000 words, guys! I know, I can't believe it either, but I just can't stop writing this story.

Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who commented/voted/followed- you guys are absolutely amazing! I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Dany1908 for being the first to comment on the last chapter (I really love comments!).

Enjoy, maybe vote/comment as well? :)

Oh, and Happy Halloween!  </:>)   (<--- Look it's my pathetic attempt at a witch smiley!)

[Malcolm's POV]

It was eleven o'clock on a freezing Saturday morning in September, and according to Nick, his friend Kieran Mulalley was due to arrive any moment now. Eimear had mentioned to me at school the day before that Kieran was arriving and asked me if I'd like to come with her, Nate and Nick to meet him. As Nicholas hadn't objected, merely smirked a little as per usual, I'd taken that as an invitation and asked if I could bring Christopher along, to which Eimear agreed.

I had a feeling that Eimear was rooting for Nichlas and I to get together, judging by her repeated winks, nudges, and previous attempt to 'pimp out her cousin' to me. Needless to say, I was very grateful, as I needed all the help I could get.

So here I was, wearing my least-ripped pair of jeans, new pale blue polo, my least shabby pair of Vans, and my favorite black leather jacket- dressed to impress, as Christopher had snarkily put it as I'd dragged him out of bed, him bitching moodily about me ruining his Sturday morning sleep-in. Some best friend he was. If this Kieran person was or ever had been harboring romantic notions towards my Nick, then I needed to set him straight right from the get-go, and that involved dressing well. Christopher, however, had no such compulsions, and so was dressed in his usual uniform of torn jeans, a ratty t-shirt, and a random zip-up hoodie. I was just thankful he'd showered.

It appeared that Eimear had also taken the time to dress presentably, and although Nate hadn't really made a visible effort, I knew that they were both nervous to meet the boy whom Nick claimed as a friend. I knew that they'd be judging him as soon as he got off that bus, as would I. Nicholas looked the same as he did every day- breath-taking without even trying in simple jeans, t-shirt and hoodie. He actually look rather bored, although I could sense the slight undertone of excitement flashing in his pretty eyes.

Finally, at five minutes past eleven, a large inter-state bus rolled up at the bus stop on the main street, across the road from where we were huddled waiting on benches, clutching at steaming cups of coffee for warmth. Nicholas was up immediately, crossing the road to meet his friend. I followed him, unwilling to leave my mate alone with someone I'd never met. I could hear the sighs and footsteps of Eimear, Nate and Christopher as they followed after us at a lumbering, tired pace.

"Hello, Kee, good to see you!," Nicholas greeted with the most enthusiasm I'd ever seen from him.

He was actually smiling! That in itself was enough to make me hate this 'Kee' without having ever met the guy. 

"Hiya, Nick!," answered a cheerful voice, it's owner still obscured by both Nick and by the moving bodies of the bus' other disembarking passengers. Clearly this friend of Nick's was important enough for him to disregard his fear of crowds- a fact that made me frown petulantly.

Beside me, Christopher stiffened. Eager for a distraction from the Best Friend Reunion, I turned to give him a concern look. His face was screwed up slightly with confusion, but his eyes were a bright gold color, showing that his wolf was pushing to the front of his mind in an attempt to take over.