Chapter 2

Hello! I just wanted to thank everyone who voted on my last chapter (6 votes- I nearly died!) and hopefully I might get a few votes on this chapter too?

Anyway, last chapter's dedication was to the amazing NemmyMulvey, so this one will be to the awesomeness that is LenaLuna16! Hope you all enjoy the chapter, and votes/comments are much appreciated ;)

Pic is of Mal

[Nick's POV]

My bedroom door slammed open and bounced back off the wall behind it, only to reveal an over-excited-looking Eimear standing in the hallway still dressed in her old High School Musical pyjamas. I jacknifed inot a sitting position and shrieked a little but somehow managed to calm myself down. Relax, Nicky. It's only Eimear. I checked the clock on my bedside locker- it was six o'clock. I wasn't exactly lazy, but why the fuck did I have to be awake two hours before school even started?

"RISE AND FUCKING SHINE, NICHOLAS!," Eimear bellowed with a smile on her face.

She turned to skip happily down the hallway as I flopped back onto my bed. I heard Eimear's footsteps stop beside the door two doors to the right of mine- Nate's room, and grinned in grim satisfaction. The loud bang of another door being slammed open reverbated through the house.

"WAKEY, WAKEY LITTLE NATEY!"

This was shortly followed by a high-pitched screech, then a thud as Nate presumably fell out of bed. I smirked again, sniggering a little.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM, EIMEAR? IT'S SIX IN THE FUCKING MORNING!"

It was a good thng that Aunt Carla had left for work at five to open up her practice for the day, and that Samuel was working nights at the local hospital, or Nate and Eimear would be in deep shit. Whatever about the two of them beating the shit out of each other in assorted public spaces, their parents drew the line at being woken up early in the morning to the sweet symphony of their children's furious screaming. Me- I was used to being woken by screaming. Sometimes it was even my own.

Ignoring the rest of Nate and Eimear's rather deafening exchange, I grabbed a towel, underwear, and a long-sleeved brown t-shirt and headed to the bathroom. I only took a quick shower- if I used up all of the hot water before Eimear could wash her long mane of hair, there'd only be more screaming, and possibly even hitting as well if she got too worked up to realize what she was doing. I wouldn't be able to deal with that, and I was a firm believer in the fact that panic attacks on your first day of school was major bad luck.

After my shower I threw on the boxers and t-shirt, brushed my teeth and washed my face. Borrowing some of Nate's gel, I attempted to style my hair, but I just ended up looking like an idiot. Sighing and cursing my stupid floppy hair that resisted any attempts to tame it, I quickly washed out the gel and towel-dried my hair, hoping that it didn't make me look like a human mop.

Back in my room, I pulled on a pair of socks and got to picking out some clothes that would help me blend in. I finally settled on a pair of loose blue jeans (of which I had several pairs) and a pale orange zip-up hoodie, with my new pair of black Converse. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I thought that I looked reasonably ordinary, and hopefully dull enough that no one, potential friend or bored bully, would take an interest.

With that, I grabbed my schoolbag and went downstairs to the sitting room to wait for Nate and Eimear, as Nat was the only one out of the three of us with a car and some idea of how to drive it. He even had a licence, sure, it was only a provisional licence, but I wasn't all that interested in self-preservation. That was a trait that usually came in very handy when getting into a car driven by my step-cousin.