Chapter 19

Hello everyone! This is so late, but as you may have guessed, we're maybe five chapter from the ending, so I've been trying very hard to make sure I get everything right for that. Sorry for the delay, and thank you so much for your patience.

The pic I've just posted in the Prologue is the closest fit I've found for Nicky so far. Anyone recognise him? ;p

The guy in the pic above is Max

I'm thinking of going back over the chapters from the beginning and posting some other pics of characters as well, so keep an eye out for that ;)

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to kiwi-chan234, for giving me that extra bit of motivation to finish out this chapter. Hope it isn't too late ;p

Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter, and please vote/comment if you like it )or hate it) :)

Yuri's POV

I could tell that something was wrong the moment Max burst out into the shop area of the gas station, 'Staff Only' door slamming shut behind him with a loud thud. It was probably just as well the store was empty, because if we'd have had customers they'd surely have fled at the wrathful expression on Max's normally blank or smirking face.

I could literally feel the fury radiating off of Max, and knew I was the only person here who knew just how mad and dangerous Max was at the moment. I was the only werewolf at the gas station most of the time, aside from the odd werewolf customer from out of town, and Sasha, who had yet to shift. I myself had only shifted three years ago, on my twelfth birthday.

If things had been bad for me at my uncle's house before, that day had been the real beginning of the end. I was an Omega, the only one in the pack. I was the weak link, possessing barely any werewolf qualities such as super-strength or extra speed, thereby erasing any fragile hopes my uncle may have had of me becoming a pack warrior someday.

Anyway, as an Omega, I was extra-sensitive to the emotions of others, especially those of Max's rank. I doubted that anyone else around here knew it- in what must have been a calculated move Max had never met my uncle, the Alpha, the only one apart from me who would have been able to sense it. Max had Alpha blood, unusually powerful Alpha blood.

I had always been curious as to what pack would have banished the Alpha heir, even for being gay, as Max had mentioned once to me a few years back. Homophobia wasn't uncommon in some werewolf packs, but to banish the Alpha heir was to break the line of succession. If there was no second Alpha child, it could mean civil war.

Anyway, not the time. Max was pissed, and that wasn't something that happened often. As an Omega, especially one in my situation, that made my stomach churn with terror, but I was well used to ignoring that by now, so I paid it no attention. Max would never hurt me.