45

The glow from the orange sunset spread out over the ground, and the black shadows was stretched long. A tall and straight figure stood on the top of the old tower, looking far into the distance.

There was a spot of red earth under the city wall, and the sight of the piles of corpses made people shudder.

Su Mu retracted his gaze and stroked the blood-stained city wall with his palms, his mood feeling a little heavy.

Did he not only gain Su Mochi's body, but also gain his cold-blooded cruelty? Otherwise, as a person with a modern education, how could he send thousands of innocent people to the battlefield?

Su Mu watched the enemy camped outside the city for a while before turning around and walking back. He saw a few tired soldiers almost falling asleep while standing. One of them saw Su Mu and hurriedly elbowed his companion next to him.

"Greetings to His Royal Highness the Crown Prince."

The soldier who opened his eyes was shocked when he saw Su Mu, and hurriedly knelt down and said, "Greetings to His Royal Highness."

Su Mu nodded and said: "Rise."

The two soldiers only dared to stand up when they saw Su Mu's departure from the corner of their eyes. The soldier who was elbowed looked at the direction of Su Mu's disappearance and said: "The Crown Prince is truly handsome, completely different from the rumors!"

The soldier next to him squinted and said, "Shut up, be careful you don't die a meaningless death."

Su Mu walked on the empty street, and he felt a little unbearable when he saw a few common people passing by in a hurry with anxious expressions.

It was just that this kind of discomfort made Su Mu even more determined that these rebel parties must be completely resolved this time, returning the people of the country to a safe and peaceful life.

Su Mu walked aimlessly but thousands of thoughts flashed through his mind.

Suddenly a wall blocked Su Mu's path. Su Mu moved away. When he turned around he caught a glimpse of the words "Lin Mansion" above.

The front doors of the Lin Mansion was closed tightly. Su Mu didn't know if anyone was present, but he went up and knocked on the door. After a while, a little girl ran over and opened the door, revealing a small head with big fluttering eyes. She asked: "Who are you?"

Su Mu looked at this cute little girl and smiled: "Go and tell Lin Siyuan my last name is Su."

The little girl looked at Su Mu and closed the door again, running into the courtyard.

Inside, mother Lin, with a troubled expression, was eagerly persuading Lin Siyuan: "Yuan'er, you see, this imperial city has been besieged by the rebel army for four to five days already, and I don't know how many people have been killed. We should think of a way to leave quickly. If the enemy comes in......if they come in then we'll be finished. You are the only son of the Lin family so you must not meet any harm......"

With a book in his hand, Lin Siyuan looked at his chattering mother, feeling a little moved. Suddenly, he stood up and rushed to mother Lin, who was wiping at her tears, and engulfed her in a hug.

Mother Lin, who had been busily nagging, startled from the sudden move. After being in a daze for a while, she patted Lin Siyuan on the shoulder as if he was still a child and asked worriedly: "What's wrong, Yuan'er?"

Lin Siyuan's eyes were red, but the corners of his mouth smiled and said, "It's nothing."

Then he let go of mother Lin and said seriously: "Mother, I can't go, and the rebels won't enter the city either. They just learned that the Crown Prince went to Wu kingdom and borrowed hundreds of thousands of troops to kill the rebel thieves so they are now desperate. Don't worry mother, they won't be able to remain kicking for too long."