51

In the imperial prison, Yun Feiyu wore a pale green robe, looking like a proud green bamboo. Even the dark and damp cell seemed different because of his presence.

Yun Jing led the servant carrying the food box to the prison cell where Yun Feiyu was located.

Looking at his handsome and talented son falling into such dire straits, he couldn't help feeling heartache.

"Feiyu, are you well?" Yun Jing stood outside the iron bars of the cell.

Yun Feiyu glanced at Yun Jing and put down the book in his hand. He stood up gracefully and shook the pieces of hay on his clothes and said, "I have food and drink. It's not too bad."

His tone was mild and his face had on its usual amiable expression. But there was none of the excitement to be expected when faced with one's family.

Yun Jing frowned and said: "What kind of attitude is that? Do you know that the crime of treason is to destroy the nine clans? His Highness not condemning you is already a gift from the heavens. Go and ask forgiveness from His Highness. Perhaps it is even possible for you to be exempted from punishment." (TN: nine clans refer to all immediate family members and even distant relatives, anyone who even had blood relations must be executed; a sentence only the imperial family can carry out).

Like a still lake, his eyes looked at Yun Jing calmly, completely untouched by his words. Yun Feiyu curved his beautifully shaped lips and said sarcastically: "You have many wives, and I only have one mother. All those who hurt her, I won't let any one of them off."

Yun Jing was also a little annoyed when he saw this stubborn attitude. He harrumphed: "If she hadn't ran away from home in anger, how could she cross the Crown Prince's path, causing your sister to lose her life as well."

"Haha......hahaha......"

Yun Feiyu suddenly threw back his head and burst into laughter. Yun Jing flushed angrily at his defiant attitude, and scolded: "Yun Feiyu, you are too audacious, do you still see me as your father!"

"Father?" Yun Feiyu stopped laughing. He turned his head and said with a deep ridicule: "My mother was a high born lady but still she married you who was below her station. She waited for you for ten years, but what met her was only a house full of concubines and bastards."

He smiled and said before Yun Jing could respond: "When the three of us first entered Yun Manor, we were ostracized and constantly framed and suffered difficulty from everyone. My mother sent me to Yishan Academy in the name of studying in order to protect me and not because she was being narrow-minded and driven by jealousy."

Yun Jing's old face flushed red. Pointing at Yun Feiyu he scolded: "You......you are an unfilial son, you are actually trying to white wash the crimes of that wicked woman. As expected, like mother like son. Since you like this prison so much, then stay in it forever!"

Yun Feiyu looked at Yun Jing's angrily leaving back and felt conflicted with inexplicable emotions. Since being disillusioned from the image of a wise and loving father that his mother had always told him about at the age of eleven, he no longer had any hope left for Yun Jing. But even so, he still felt sadness in his heart.

After Yun Jing left, Yun Feiyu continued to stand in place until the jailer came to report again.

"Ai, Yun Feiyu someone has come to see you."

Yun Feiyu looked sideways and at first glance he saw Lin Siyuan's smiling face, appearing as bright and sunny as a sunflower.

"And here I was worried about you. You look like you have a comfortable life here." Lin Siyuan looked at the cell that was in a much better condition than the other cells, his eyebrows waggling and eyes winking. Instantly, the handsome face was completely ruined by its owner.