Can I take you out? // Steve Harrington [blurb]

"He's here again," Marjorie, your colleague and close friend, whispers to you with an amused smile on her face. "In his usual spot too."

"He is not," You argue, focusing on the racking of returned books you still had to shelve. The summer job at the library was turning out to be something you adored. Needing some extra cash to start a nest egg for college, you had taken up a position at Hawkins' Library, finding yourself to be enjoying it more than you thought.

"He is!" Marjorie persists, gesturing to the small grouping of tables situated in the centre of the library. "I wouldn't lie about this. Not when he's shown up nearly every day this week looking for you. Look for yourself if you don't believe me."

Turning on the spot, you freeze in place when your eyes meet the dark brown of Steve Harrington's. He sits in his usual table: two from the centre, close to the romance section where many a middle aged woman has been spotted prowling, desperate for their next smut fix.

Steve lifts a hand, waving to you as a deep blush begins to paint his cheeks, embarrassed at being caught out. This was not the first time Steve had visited the library, nor was it the second or third. This was his fourth visit after having caught sight of you behind the counter when accompanying Dustin on one of his many research endeavours. Steve had been struck by your beauty alongside your knowledge of books; he had visited the next day to get a glimpse of you, grabbing a book from a nearby shelf and pretending to read in the hopes of impressing you.

"You should talk to him," Marjorie murmurs the moment you return your attention to your cart.

"Why?"

"He's been in here nearly every day this week, and I don't think it's for the books."

Snorting, you shake your head. "He always has a book in his hand."

"Babe," Marjorie deadpans, "it's Steve Harrington - he doesn't read unless he has to."

"It could be a new hobby of his..."

"I highly doubt that. No go," She urges, giving you slight shove, "Talk to him!"

You follow her instruction, weaving your way between the tables before pausing at Steve's. "I didn't know you were a fan of the classics," You murmur, eyeing up the Jane Austen held in Steve's hands. "Are you enjoying it so far?"

Steve clears his throat, sitting straighter in his chair as he close the book rapidly. "Oh yeah," He states, "It's a classic. Have you read it?"

"I have," You answer, "it's a favourite of mine."

Steve's eyes light up with that nugget of information. He starts to nod his head, babbling nonsensical nonsense about the book - his favourite characters, his favourite moments. It's comical to watch.

"So I can assume you would be taking it out?" You ask, nodding towards the check out desk.

"Actually, I have something else in mind..." Steve murmurs, a handsome smile on his face.

"Oh?"

"Can I take you out instead?"