Summer Lovin' // Steve Harrington [blurb]

Steve hadn't planned on falling in love over the course of his summer vacation, but he had. He didn't plan on becoming Danny Zuko - pining over someone they had met on holiday, but here he was - desperately wondering how he would return to Hawkins without you.

Your skin is smooth against his; the cotton of his beloved t-shirt doing nothing to hide what he so loved about you. Your legs tangle with his on the beach towel; the both of you having spent the night on the beach, refusing to entertain the very thought that this was his last night, his last day, his last moment with you.

The summer had become a whirlwind of fun, love, and passion from the moment he met you. He hadn't been able to sleep; slipping out of the hotel room and wandering along the beach until he realised he was not the only soul suffering at this hour of the morning.

It didn't take long for a bond to form.

It didn't take long for Steve to fall for you.

There was something addictive in the way he moves; something heady in how he reached for you, winking roguishly as he pulled you down for one more kiss, one more touch, one more distraction.

You could drink a case of him if it meant that he would remain with you for a lifetime.

Yet, as all good things must, it had to come to an end.

The beach towel is scratchy with sand as you snuggle closer to Steve, letting his hands wander the breadth of your body, letting yourself sink into the familiar feeling of him before it all had to end.

"I wish we had more time," He whispers, brushing your hair back from your face, his palm resting gently on your cheek.

You lean into his touch, enamoured by the brunette and saddened that your time together was over. "I wish we did too."

"Any chance you could transfer?" Steve asks; a smile adorning his face, but his eyes reflect the sadness he feels at your parting.

You hum, sitting up, readying yourself to leave him. "I don't think I could move across the country."

"A shame."

"Who knows... perhaps our paths will cross in the future."

"I hope so," Steve whispers, dropping a kiss to the top of your head, "I can't lose you."

"You're incredibly sweet, Steve Harrington."

"So I've been told."

Silence falls between you; a natural ending to the love you had shared over the last few weeks. Steve's hands feel like heaven where they rest on your waist, and you hate the fall of his face as you step out of his touch.

"I'll see you around, Steve Harrington," You whisper, briefly touching your fingers to your lips in a kiss before turning around, walking away from him.