5."Gajar ka halwa"

Kavya's pov

I woke up at 6AM by alarm's ringing,I don't want to embarrass myself in front of the family on first day of my marriage.

I cleared the mess of flowers and candles,kept them at a corner of the room and arranged the room neatly,which took half an hour.

I took my clothes from the closet and went to take a bath.

When I came back it was 6.45 AM so I started getting ready quickly.

I felt a gaze on myself when I was filling vermilion by which I knew that he is awake.

I didn't said anything and tried my best to ignore him,I really don't want an argument early morning.

After putting on a little makeup which is necessary for a new bride,I went out of the room.

Thank God he didn't said anything.

I went downstairs and saw that most of the elder agnihotris are awake having there morning tea or coffee.

I went toward them and wished everyone by touching there feet.

Everyone blessed me and dadu was smiling brightly.

"Um...Aunty what do I need to cook for my first rasoi"I asked his mom a bit hesitated.

"You don't need to cook a full meal as everyone prefer different breakfast,just make any sweet dish you can cook the best"she said.

"Well,your husband loves gajar ka halwa"his chachi said smiling.

I slightly smiled at her lowering my eyes.

"You know beta,nishant's dadi made kheer for her first rasoi,you can make that too"dadu said smiling.

"Okay dadu"I smiled and went toward kichen with a helper.

She told me where are the things kept and started doing her work.

I started cooking and it took me one hour to make both the sweets.

Most of the family members came at dining table including my husband at 8AM.

"Good morning bhabhi"the bunch of younger agnihotris shouted when I came out of the kitchen,nishant made an irritated face hearing the noice.

"Good morning guys"I said softly.

Everyone laughed looking at nishant.

"You are looking so so beautiful bhabhi"anya said and I blushed slightly.

"Thank you anya"

"What have you cooked on your first day bhabhi,we are so excited to taste the food"said nisith, nishant's younger brother who is elder than me.

I got there introduction yesterday.
Anya is of my age and have a fiance,who is best friend of nisith.

They were waiting for nishant's wedding because it was order of dadu that no marriage will take place before nishant's.

"Um..I made kheer and gajar ka halwa"I told them.

"Wah wah bhai ka favorite"they teased together and I instantly lowered my eyelids to hid my blush.

I didn't made it for him,I just made it as an alternative,but when a group of people tease you like this then you can't control the blush.

"Leave these idiots and and sit for the breakfast beta,helpers will serve it to everyone"said dadu and made me sit beside nishant,anya was beside me too.