15.Office romance

Author's pov

Nishant and kavya kept standing at there place for a couple of minutes, nishant was looking at her intently without any emotions and kavya was getting more nervous by every passing second, she wasn't able to decipher his reaction.

She slowly kept the bag of lunch box on his table and dicided to speak, he was just standing at his place and roaming his eyes on every move of her without showing any emotions, he was kind of liking her state of confusion but was in no mood to react because of his sour mood.

"Ah...You had lunch?" She questioned.

"No, didn't got time for it" he answered plainly and she creased her eyebrows in confusion.

"But you weren't doing anything when I came" she spoke because she saw him sitting on his chair with his head down doing nothing.

Nishant was hell irritated from his previous encounter with ayush mishra and now he wasn't planning on scaring her with his mood but he himself don't know if he will be able to handle himself for long.

"What do you have to do with it even if I do something or not, can you please come to the point and tell me why are you here?" He spoke trying to be as calm as he can but it didn't came out well.

"I...I brought lunch for you" she said casting her eyes down, she already assumed that his reaction will be the same but she still came here with lunch because she thought that her assumptions might turn out to be wrong.

"I appreciate your effort but I certainly don't get time to have lunch, I take a coffee or a sandwich if I get spare time" he spoke.

"Oh..Uh..I didn't knew that actually everyone at home kind of forced me come here with lunch" she spoke trying hard to save herself from embarrassment and gave herself a little promise that she will never bring lunch for him from now on.

"Oh" his tone was laced with disappointment, he was happy unknowingly after getting to know that she willingly came with his lunch but now his mood again became like he got a sour tooth.

"But isn't it too late for lunch, it's 2.30 PM already"

"Uh, yeah I was stuck in traffic"

"Oh, okay"

They sat on the couch present in the cabin and kavya started serving for him, her gaze fell on him who was looking at nothing in particular, there was no expression on his face but she was easily able to understand that he isn't normal.

She shook him a little and he came back to his senses and looked at her in a questioning manner.

"Khana khaiye"
(Have the food)

She said and he started eating, after taking a bite he looked at her and saw her sitting ideally.

"Tum nhi khaogi?"
(Won't you eat?)

"I have eaten already" she lied to him, everyone at home told her to have the lunch with him and she was a little excited about it from inside but her mood spoiled because of whatever happened at the reception and she lost her appetite.

She saw him eating his food slowly and silently, he was behaving unusual.
Although it's a very less time to know the usual behavior of someone but somehow she got to know very much about him in a very less time, she knew that he usually don't eat slowly.

She remembered how he was massaging his head with his fingers when she entered the cabin and she estimated that he is having a headache.
She slowly got up from her place and stood behind him, feathering his hair with her fingers lightly.

Nishant felt her touch and realized that she is massaging his head, he felt relaxed but still tilted his head to look at her and said
"You don't need to do that, I'm fine" his tone came out a little despairing which made kavya upset and worried.