13.Little steps

Author's pov

They entered the house and saw the hustle bustle, they both gave each other a look of confusion.

"Arre you guys came back! We have a great news to share and I'm so excited!" Anya said noticing them.

"All of you are here, it might be something important and who is in office if everyone is here?" Nishant said looking at the men of the family who seems to be discussing something.

"Nishant, it's not like the office and company will stop if you people will not be available for a while so stop complaining" Shweta scolded his son.

"Please mom, I'm listening this dialogue of yours from more than a month now, we can't just neglect work like that" Nishant said and Shweta rolled her eyes on that.

"Nishant, Shweta is right, it's not a crime nor a loss to focus on your life and family for a few months from a long life and it's your time to do this now, your father and chachu did that too and I will suggest you to do the same because I have seen the world more than you" dadu said smiling.

"Okay dadu, I understood" Nishant huffed while shaking his head.

"Leave all this and let's tell them about the changes in plan papa ji" Nishant's Chachi Anisha said excitedly.

"Anisha you don't have any right to scold anya when she gets overexcited over things because she got this trait from you and the only difference is you have learned to control it a little with time" dadu said and everyone laughed at that and Anisha sulked.

Anya stuk out her tongue at anisha but composed herself when he saw the glare at her mother's face and everyone laughed again at the mother daughter banter.

Kavya was watching and listening to all this with a soft smile on her face and thanked god silently for giving her such a wonderful family.
She always thought that rich people are snobs, focus on themselves only and don't care about others because she has seen that from her childhood.

"Enough of all this now let's tell them papa" Nishant's father anirudh said.

"Yeah so there is a news for the newly married couple, come here and sit both of you" dadu said and they obeyed.

"Nishant, do you remember that puja of our kuldevi held once in 5 years in which your parents used to sit?" Dadu asked and nishant nodded.

"That puja is coming up next week, we forgot about it in the hustle bustle of your marriage but our family's priest called today and reminded us" dadu said and nishant nodded in understanding.

"So the thing is we are going to kishangarh for that puja next week?" Nishant asked.

"Yes you guessed it right, kavya beta we have our ancestral house in kishangarh, we don't go there much but we have to when these events occur" dadu explained looking at kavya's confused expression and kavya smiled nodding her head.

"So what about the party, is it going to be on Saturday?" Asked nishant.

"Atleast let me finish and then ask" dadu said and nishant nodded again.

"So there will be some changes in the event, your parents used to sit in this puja from the time they got married and it was your dadi's Decision after there marriage so now we elders have decided that you and kavya will be taking up the responsibilities of the puja from now on."dadu announced leaving them speechless.

"But dadu what about chachu and chachi?" Nishant asked.

"They did the puja which was held after there marriage and the eldest son does that like I did so we have decided it and that's final" dadu said with authority and everyone agreed with it.