8.best friend

Today is a very nice day, the atmosphere is very calm and beautiful, Nishant is driving the car and I'm sitting beside him.

I was looking out of the window and enjoying the calmness of the weather, he is not saying anything like always. 

I wanted to ask him that why is he going with me,I mean we could have easily made an excuse so that he won't have to go there.

Yesterday in the party, mom told me that the whole Mishras and bua ji's family is coming for dinner tonight, for a so called family get together after my marriage.

Well, bua ji is not better than bade papa, she always supports him and butter him up because he is rich, obviously.

Why all the drama is happening in my life only. The more simple I thought, the more complicated it became.

Let's see what's waiting for today.

I rang the doorbell of my house and mom opened the door, embracing me in a hug.

I lightly hugged her back then we went inside,papa too did the same.

"Where is that idiot Kunal?" I asked.

"Here I am sissy" he said coming to me and hugged me.

"Nautanki" 

We were sitting in the living room and talking when mom said "Isha called today".

"WHAT" how can I completely forget about my best friend in all these chaos.

"Yeah, she saw the news yesterday,I told her about your marriage and she was very pissed" mom said.

I facepalmed myself. Uff.

I will talk to her when she will calm down a little, it will be the best for now.

"We all saw the news yesterday,what is your family going to do about it beta" dad asked Nishant.

"We have handled things for now papa, we have decided what are we going to do" Nishant said and I realized that it feels so good when your husband calls your parents like he calls his.

"Kavya,take Nishant to your room, freshen up and rest a little till I'm making lunch" mom said.

"Okay Mom" I said and gestured him to come with me.

My room is not as big as his but it's cozy and peaceful, I love it in here I mean this room has seen all the phases of my life and has my best memories with it just like any other introvert human species.

"It's quite cozy in here"Nishant said.
I wonder how he changed so much in a day.

"Yeah"

"You can freshen up first if you want" I said.
I seriously don't know how to talk to him like we never had a good conversation.

"Yeah sure"he said and went to the restroom.

I started checking my room properly,all the things are kept as I left them here, I went toward the balcony,it's shady because of the houses are both side in a row.

I saw someone came inside the gate and then I heard the doorbell of the main door.

I recognized the person who was my high school bestie nikhil!

I hurriedly went downstairs.

Author's pov

Kavya's mother opened the door and saw nikhil standing there,he touched her feet and she invited him inside.

Nikhil's father and kavya's father were work acquaintance, they became best friends and families mingled with each other really well.
both the wives and children became best friend with each other, then her father got transferred in another city because of which they got separated.