[5]

The patrol went to longer than they have originally thought, which let to a whiney and pouty [M/N]. By this time, the sun has fully-set and the moon is on full display for all of the people in Teyvat.

"Come on, Xiao! Let's just go back to the Inn already—I wanna go back to sleep!!" [M/N] whines to him while shaking the poor Yaksha's shoulders. Xiao only sighs and shoved [M/N] away from him. "You were the one who wanted to help me in the first place, why are you whining now?" Xiao protest at the now pouting God.

"But I didn't expect it to be this long..." [M/N] whines as he drape his arms over Xiao's shoulders. They then walked through the fields for what felt like hours—well it's more like Xiao's the one walking while [M/N] floats next to him. They walked and walked until they stumbled upon some ancient ruins, [M/N] then makes a joke about it, asking Xiao if the ruins are haunted by some ghost, monsters or demons. Xiao was about to replied with a snarky remark only to get interrupted by someone talking near them, earning both of their attentions.

"Is it even here? We've been searching for it for hours now... and we didn't even found it yet."

"Stop your whining and just search! The faster we found it the better."

Both Xiao and [M/N] had snuck up behind the ruins of a cement wall, peaking their heads from the sides in order to see whom is talking in the dead of night. "Are does a group of Treasure Hoarders? What in Celestia are they doing in this ruins? In the dead of night too." [M/N] asked as he continue to observed them from afar.

"What are we looking for again, boss?" One of them asked, genuinely confused.

"Weren't you were listening?! No wonder we haven't find it, it's because you morons didn't even know what to look for!!" The one who seems to be the boss replied with an irritated tone.

"We are searching for an ancient scroll that's buried somewhere in this ruins." 

"Most be a very important scroll then, seeing that They really wanted us to find it."

'They? Whom are they talking about?' Unknowingly, both Xiao and [M/N] thought of the same thing. "What ever they're searching for it's obviously bad news, especially if they're searching for it in some ancient ruins." [M/N] stated as he continue to observed them.

And apparently, that statement alone is already enough for Xiao to sprint towards them with his polearm in hand while [M/N] just watch him charged towards the Treasure Hoarders like he's a complete moron in doing so, and being the prick he is, he decided to stay in his spot and watch Xiao take care of them.

Appearing behind one of them, Xiao slammed his the side of his polearm on the guy's neck making him unconscious.. The sound of the guy dropping to the ground have alerted the Hoarders as they immediately take out their weapons. Unfortunately, they were to slow as Xiao manage to knock all of them out unconscious. [M/N] then claps at Xiao's performance while floating towards him.

"What an amazing performance you just performed there Xiao."

"What were they searching for in here of all places?"

"This is an ancient ruin, Xiao. Whatever they were searching for must had something to do with Gods and Adepti."

Floating towards one of the ruins walls [M/N] starts to read the writings on them, trying to find what kind of ancient item they were searching for. Who knows maybe they were searching for an item that had the ability to destroy anything and everything or the ability to jump between worlds.

"The one thou seek, is not what it seems. For thou had seen nothing of what thyself had." [M/N] reads them out loud while Xiao look at the God with a confused look, he then stands next to [M/N] reading the writings himself only to failed as he doesn't understand what's the writing says. "You understand this?" Xiao asked as he look at [M/N] with furrowed eyebrows. "Yes, I understand it. To you and some people it maybe nothing but random symbols to you all—but it's not." He explains while his eyes scan the walls for more writings.

"The world thou seek will always be out of thy reach. For it had been sealed away, centuries ago." [M/N] reads the next line of the writings. Now Xiao's even more confused, what world? What exactly are the writings talking about? Who sealed the world? as Xiao thinks about anyone who would fit the criteria—it dawn on him.

'A world... Does it mean... [M/N]'s world..? The one he himself had created and him and his Devil counterpart ruled together...?'

'....Before his death?'

"What world are they revering to? And that's been sealed away centuries ago?" [M/N] asked looking at Xiao as if he knew what the writings revering to, which indeed he knew. But decided to keep his mouth shut, considering the fact that the God who created the world itself didn't even remember it's own creation.

A world that a God created themselves are the God's pride and joy, it's something that they cannot had simply forgotten about. Having their world destroyed would break them; mentality, physical, and emotionally. It breaks their soul to the point it turns into trauma.

"A world? Weren't the Treasure Hoarders were searching for a scroll? What does it has to do with a world that's been sealed away for centuries?" [M/N] continues to ask the Yaksha with a dotted-eye look as he floats closer to Xiao's face.

Now....

That [M/N] had forgotten about his world....

That means....

"Hey! Were you even listening!?"

He doesn't remember anything about his past life....

As the God of his world...

....The Gray Garden.

That also means...

.....He had also forgotten about...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The Accident.

Word Count : 1020 Words