[7]

The accident...

The very thing that Xiao's trying so hard to forget. He wants to forget it. He wanted to forget all of it, all the things that involves with the accident. He felt so guilty for it...

Maybe not as much as the guilt that Kcalb endures for the rest of his life, but still! Xiao felt overwhelming guilt for it. For what...

He did.

The accident was...

His fault.

He even dared to thought on why [M/N]'s floating instead of walking!!

He's the reason!

Xiao's the reason why [M/N] floats instead of walking!

He hated it! He hates how he's the reason! He hated himself to be the reason why [M/N] can't no longer walk on his two feet!

"It was just an accident!" He told himself that every day, he told himself that it was just an accident—nothing more-nothing else. [M/N] even already forgiven him—but the guilt is still there... It's not a single day that goes by without him blaming himself for what happened to [M/N]. To the God's life and the God's ability to walk normally.

But... [M/N] doesn't remembers...

He didn't remember what caused his disability to walk with his two feet. He just knew... He just knew that he can't walk with his two feet... He knew because he tried to walk before... He knew because it hurts him whenever he walks. Whenever he walks—it felt like he was stepping on shards of broken glass—that's the reason he floats now. Because of his ignorance on who caused it in the first place... Who caused his disability...

It was Xiao.

Xiao's the reason for his disability.

He's the caused...

Of the accident.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Do you blame yourself?

"...What..?"

Well it's quite common in this situation for a patient to feel a kind of—guilt.

"What situation..?"

The accident.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

----------

"Xiao! This is ridiculous!"

"[M/N], you know that it's my duty as a Yaksha!"

"But this is ridiculous! Why would Morax sent you over here! Of all places!!"

The Yaksha and the God are currently in one of the ancient ruins located in Teyvat.

"Morax said that there's a monster in here I needed to take care of."

"I can take care of the monster myself, I know this place like the back of my hand—this place is extremely dangerous even for a Yaksha like you. I don't want you to get hurt!" [M/N] protested, trying to stop the Yaksha from progressing even further into the place.

"Can't you stop it!? Morax is the one who sent me here, meaning that it's now my problem and responsibility!" Xiao snapped, finally having enough of the God's whining. [M/N] however didn't back down as he keeps trying to stop the Yaksha. Suddenly, the sound of something growling earned their attention. Turning around, they instantly made eye contact with the monster Morax has stated about. Reacting fast—both of them summoned their weapons.

The fight when on for what felt like an eternity, the monster had surprisingly manage to hold their own against a God and a Yaksha.

"Look out!"

Without a warning, Xiao has been pushed to the side with a strong force making him lose his balance and fell to the cold hard floor a sound of something cracking follow suite. wait... cracking..? Xiao instantly gets up from the floor only to saw the floor break below an unconscious [M/N]. The God had gotten unconscious from an attack that was meant for Xiao and a purple mist of a curse swirling around him. Before he knew it, [M/N] starts falling down with the debris.

"[M/N]!!"

On instinct, Xiao dived down trying to catch up with the God. Trying to save him.

Unfortunately, he was to slow. [M/N] had fallen to the ground first with the debris following suite. Xiao could only hope that the God wasn't been crushed to death. Looking through the fallen debris, Xiao looks franticly for [M/N]. He then saw something white poking out of some debris. 'His robe!' Xiao thought before moving the debris around it in a hurry.

There stood [M/N] lying on his side still unconscious, the next thing Xiao saw make a shiver went down his spine with the weight of guilt crashing him down. There was a pool of blood under [M/N]'s legs with the purple mist of the curse swirling around both of his legs.

The monster was latter on killed by Xiao's hands.

.

.

.

.

.

Xiao frowns at the sight in front of him, he wanted to look away—but he can't... He can't look away from this... From what he had done...

There stood [M/N], well... trying to stand. He was holding the side of the wall while trying his best to walk properly. As much as he's trying to hide it—Xiao can still see the pain in their face as every step he takes felt like he was stepping on shards of broken glass. It pains Xiao to see that expression on his beloved... Especially if he was the caused of it... He had saw [M/N] tried to heal it using his own magic more than once—but no matter how hard [M/N] tries... it can't be healed. Maybe it's because of the curse from the purple mist? Whatever that caused it... it can't be healed... After a couple of step forward, he fell to the floor.

Xiao is now instantly by his side. "You're okay? You don't have to push yourself, I can carry you—" "I'm fine Xiao." [M/N] cut him off as he tried to stand back up, wobbling in each step he took. "See, I can still stand." [M/N] stated with a small smile trying to assure the Yaksha, only for him to fall back down, this time Xiao hold unto [M/N]'s upperbody to stop him from hitting the ground face first.

[M/N] was about to thanked him only to feel the smaller male shaking under him. Knowing what's going on, [M/N] put his hand around Xiao's waist and the other on his hair, playing with it in an attempt to calm him down.

"...I-I'm sorry... I'm s-so sorry...."

"Don't cry, Xiao... It's fine, it's not your fault... It was just an accident, accidents happened all the time... I forgive you.."

----------

"No... you shouldn't had forgiven me..."

"I don't deserved to be forgiven... after what I did to you..."

"I was the one that makes you unable to walk anymore."

Word Count : 1105 Words