Stumbling Into Getting A Date

Peter was immediately carried off to the principals office, before I could even give him back his camera. So I've been wearing it around my neck, hoping that I'm going to run into him again before he leaves school for the day.

Other than that, I found Gwen and explained that happen in the gym to her. "So you think Peter got bite by a spider too?" She asked, as we walk down an empty hallway. "How else could he have done all that?" I asked.

"I don't know. One of you getting bit by a radioactive spider is crazy on it's own. But both of you getting bit? That's too much of a coincidence." Gwen said. "I guess, but we work at Oscorp since we Freshman. Nothing has ever gone wrong there. And the one time it does, is when Peter Parker sneaks in." I said.

"I see your point. What are you gonna do?" Gwen asked. "I don't know. Can't exactly just go up to him and say, 'Hi Peter, by the way did you happen to get bit by a potentially radioactive spider on Saturday?'"

"Yeah, you would sound crazy." Gwen said, giggling. "Yeah, that's what I thought." I muttered. Doesn't exactly help that I've only spoken to him two times, so we're not exactly on a friendly terms yet. I bet if we were friends I could ask a weird question like that out of the blue. Too bad we aren't.

"They won't make us pay for the backboard." I heard Peter's voice say, down the hall. I stop in the cross way and turn to see him talking an older man, feather down the south hallway

"I don't care about the backboard. Was that true?" The man asked. I glance over to Gwen, who smile. "I'll see you in the classroom." She said, continuing down the hall to where the debate team meeting is being held today.

I watch Gwen walking away for a couple seconds before turning and starting down the hall towards Peter and the man. "What I heard in there just now. Did you humiliate that boy?" The man asked. "Yeah, I did. But..." Peter replied.

"But what?" The man asked. "This guy deserved it." Peter said, defensively. "Did he?" The man asked. "Yeah." Peter replied. "Is he the kid that hit you? Is he?" The man asked. "Yeah, yeah, but..." Peter tried to say, but he was interrupted.

"So all this is about getting even. If so, I guess you must feel pretty good about yourself now, right? Am I right or wrong?" The man asked. Peter scoffs, not giving an answer.

"Yeah, I thought so. Well, thanks to this little escapade of yours I had to change shifts at work so you have to pick up Aunt May tonight at 9:00. Understood?" The man asked, Peter doesn't speak. "Is that understood?" The man asked.

"Yeah." Peter reluctantly said. "Okay, good." The man said. I finally reached the end of the hall and stopped in the doorway, watching Peter and the man, who I'm just gonna guess is Uncle.

Peter's Uncle notices me. "She looks familiar." He said, causing Peter to look over his shoulder at me. I immediately looked away, fidgeting with my library books. "She's the girl on your computer." Peter's Uncle said, a grin soon appearing on his lips.

Peter frantically shook his head at him. "Yeah." His uncle muttered. "He's got you on his computer. I'm his probation officer." He then said to me. "Don't forget Aunt May." He said to Peter, slapping him on the arm, before turning around and walking towards the exit.

Peter watches him for a moment then laughs. "Okay." He said to his uncle, before he disappeared around the corner. Peter turn to me with a sheepish smile. "He's a character. That's my uncle. He's a pathological liar. He thought you were someone else." He said.

"Oh, man, you don't have me on your computer?" I asked, walking over to him. "I took a photo of the debate team, and you're in the debate team." Peter said, I chuckle. "If you call keeping everything organized, being part of the debate team. Everyone else does all the public speaking stuff." I said.