Spider-Man Meets Spider-Woman

The news was buzzing all over the school... Peter's Uncle Ben was shot and murdered last night. Everyone at school was whispering about it and watching Peter as he walk through the halls.

Peter stop at his locker to take out some books and pack them in his bag when Flash approaches. "Hey Parker." He called out. "Not today Flash" Peter muttered, zipping up his backpack. "Come on man, I just want to talk." Flash said, dropping his hand on Peter's shoulder.

Almost within a blink of an eye, Peter drop his bag, spun around and grab Flash by the front of his hoodie and slam him into the lockers, holding him up just above the ground.

Everyone gasp and jump back, watching them, startled. "Feels better right?" Flash asked, Peter doesn't give a response. Gwen and I glance at each other then look back at the sight.

"Look your uncle die, I'm sorry. I get it. I'm sorry." Flash said, softly. Peter drops his head and lowers Flash back to the ground. "Okay?" Flash asked, in a hushed voice.

Peter let's him go and snatches his bag off the floor, closing his locker and walking down the hall towards us. "Peter." Gwen said, softly, stepping up to get in his way. She pulls him into a hug but Peter pulls away and brushes passes us.

"Peter." I said, gently catching his arm to stop him. Peter tenses up at this and stops, continuing to look at the floor. "If you needed anything..." I started to say but he pull himself free from my hand and continued down the hall.

I watch him walk away, dejectedly. I felt so bad for Peter, not only was his uncle killed but he now he had everyone's eyes on him. I wish I knew what to do.

After school, I return home not really feeling in the mood to continue hanging with Gwen. My mind was so focus on Peter that I found myself having trouble thinking of anything else.

Dropping my bag on the sofa, I took out my cell phone and scroll through my contacts. I frown at Dad's number, debating with myself on whether or not I should call him.

There's a 98% chance he won't answer, 1% Jarvis answers it for him, and the other most unlikely 1% he picks up and gives very lackluster advice.

It's times like these I wish I knew my Mom. Any advice she gives me would have to be better than Dad's, right?

Suddenly my phone started ringing, starting with me a bit. "Maria?" I muttered, recognizing the number. I clicked answer and held my phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I said. "Hello (Name)! How have you been, it's been ages!" Maria said.

"Uh... fine I guess. How are you and Tony?" I asked, walking around the living room as we talk. "We've been well Dear. I just got off the phone with your father." She said. "Oh is that so?" I asked. Sure, she can manage to get a hold of him but I can't.

"Yes, we both agree that isn't fair for Tony to be away from his big sister." Maria said. "Uh huh." I mumbled, finding this a little suspicious. I mean I like Tony but, I'm just a half sister to him. I mean wouldn't it make more sense that it isn't fair for him to be away from his Dad, than me?

"Yes, and we both think it's best you two should spend more time together. So when your father returns from Wakanada..." Maria started to say. "It's pronounced Wakanda." I quickly corrected her.

"When he returns from his trip, Tony and I will be dropping by for a visit. If all goes well, you might be seeing us a lot more lately." Maria went on to say. "Okay... that be cool I guess." I said, stopping in front of Dad's lab. I hummed to myself, staring at the door and feeling an idea brewing in my head.

"Yes it would. You could show Tony around New York, while your father and I catch up." Maria said. "Uh-huh." I replied, not really listening and instead walk into the lab to look around at all the expensive little tools.