Peter Meets Dad

Today was finally the day Dad gets home from his business trip. I had to make sure his lab was all clean up and my equipment is hidden away in my room.

I usually hate it when he goes on big trips and leaves me home alone. But this time made it easy to deal with my changes and being Spider-Woman. Now I gotta keep that all hidden from him and Maria when she brings Tony over for a visit.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV and acting like totally normal kid that doesn't have a secret life. Hearing the elevator ding, I turn my head to see not only Dad and Jarvis pile out but Maria and Tony were with them as well.

"Oh (Name), look at you! You've gotten so big!" Maria said, coming over to me with Tony, while Dad went straight to the bar. "Yeah, I know." I said, rubbing the back of my neck where by spider bite laid.

"Hey Tony." I said, waving to the little seven year old. Tony timidly waves back. "He's a little shy." Maria said, petting his hair.

"Got to say I wasn't expecting to see you guys come with Dad." I said to Maria. "I know, but we have such an important announcement that we just couldn't wait. Right honey?" Maria said, looking over at Dad. "Honey?" I muttered in confusion.

Dad walk over with his drink and puts his arm around Maria's shoulder. "Are you guys back together?" I asked, look in between them. "Better Dear! We're engage." Maria announced and my jaw dropped.

"You're what?" I asked. "I try to tell you on the phone but we must have gotten cut off." Maria said. "How did this happen?" I asked. "Well I call him to talk about Tony and how he needs to be in his son's life more." Maria started to explain.

"After all that I said why don't we just get married and make everything simpler." Dad said, raising his glass to his lips to take a drink. "That's it?" I asked. "That's it!" Maria replied, like somehow that was supposed to be romantic.

"And they say Titanic was a beautiful love story." I grumbled to myself, getting a bad feeling this is only going to end a disaster. "Honey can you take Tony up to his room while (Name) and I have a little girl time." Maria said to Dad.

"Sure. Come on kid." He said, walking off towards the stairs, with Tony slowly following him. Maria smiles at me and moves around the sofa to sit next to me. "(Name) we're going to be seeing each other a lot more from now on so there's no reason for there any awkward tension between us." She said.

"Understandable." I replied. "How about we talk for a bit? Get to really know each other. Before you know it we'll be like best friends." Maria said, with an eager smile. "Sure." I said, shrugging.

Silence fill the air as neither one of us made attempt to talk. I think we were both waiting for the other to start, but of course I wasn't gonna make the first move. I'm still trying to wrap my head around her soon becoming my step mother.

"So (Name), you're a teenager." Maria said, finally breaking this awkward silence. "Yeah, last I checked." I said, nodding. "Good good." Maria said and more silence fell over us.

"Do you like Gilmore Girls?" She asked, making an attempt at conversation again with I guess something that teenage girl enjoy, but I just shrugged at her.

Oh yeah, there won't be any awkward tension at all. I think I'm starting to miss being home alone all the time.

Over the weekday, Maria got me to admitted that there is a boy at my school that I liked. I didn't think much of it until Thursday came and she told me before leaving for school, that she was gonna make dinner tonight instead of Jarvis and that I should invite Peter over for dinner.

We haven't even went on an official first date yet and I have to introduce him to my dad and future stepmom. It just doesn't feel fair, but then again I haven't had much time with Peter as just Peter.