Leave Gwen Out Of It

Spider-Man and I emerged from the sewers through a manhole, out in the middle of traffic. Spider-Man push the cover back over the hole as we ran to the sidewalk to get out of the way of the cars. I took out my phone and quickly call Gwen, to warn her.

"Hi." Gwen said when she answers, sounding out of breath. "Hi. Where are you?" I asked. "I'm at Oscorp." Gwen replied. "You have to get out of there now, okay?" I said. "The antidote is cooking." Gwen said.

"No, no, no. Connors is on the way. He's coming to you right now. He needs the device. He's gonna infect the whole city!" I said, frantically. "There's eight minutes left." Gwen said.

"You're gonna wait there for eight minutes after what I just told you? People are gonna die! You leave right now! Listen, that is an order, okay?" I said, sternly. "I'll get everybody out." Gwen said.

"Did you hear wh...?" I said but then I heard my phone click as she hangs up on me. "Gwen! Gwen! You Mother Hubbard. Are you serious?" I asked, pulling my phone down to look at the screen.

"What's wrong?" Spider-Man asked. "She's staying till the antidote is done!" I exclaimed. "She's what?! Is she crazy?" Spider-Man asked. "I tell you one thing, if Dr. Connors doesn't kill her, I sure as hell will!" I growled, putting my phone away and shooting a web up.

Spider-Man and I started making our towards Oscorp when a police helicopter flies over our heads, shining it's light on us. "Stand down now, or we will open fire. You are surrounded. There is no escape." Captain Stacy said on the mic.

As we were running along a wall of a building, the police started shooting at us from rooftops, but thanks to our speed they couldn't hit us. We swing around a corner, coming face to face with the helicopter, shinning it's light right in our faces.

I felt something hit my chest and a surge of electricity ran through my whole body. Spider-Man and I scream out in pain as we fell to the ground, landing on a taxi and thumbing off onto the ground. Everything got dark and muffled after that, I could barely make out what was happening.

I saw blurry images coming towards me and then I felt someone grab my wrists, pulling them behind my back and handcuffing me. I was pull up to a sitting position with Spider-Man and something was walking towards us.

The thing couch down in front of us as muffle voices said; "All clear here, sir!" Then something grabs my make and pulls it off. The second I felt my mask was removed, my spider senses kick in. Peter and I broke our handcuffs and I knock the person away, seeing it was Captain Stacy.

Peter and I shoot our webs at the officers' faces blinding them and preventing them from seeing ours faces as we knock them out. "Freeze!" I heard Stacy said and we stop. Our backs were towards him but I could feel he had us at gunpoint. "Down on the ground. Your hands behind your head. NOW!" Stacy commanded and I look over my shoulder at him.

Stacy froze, his eyes widening. "(Name)?" He muttered. "It's headed to Oscorp! Gwen's there right now!" I said and Stacy look even more horrified.

Slowly, Peter and I walk towards him to retrieve our masks off the ground. "You gotta let us go, Mr. Stacy. Or else Gwen's gonna die." I said as we pick up our masks. Stacy watches us, his gun still raised. "You daughter is like a sister to me, Mr. Stacy. Please. I don't want to loose her." I pleased.

Stacy stares at me as we put our masks back on and took off, using the taxi we crashed on to launch ourselves into the air. "Hold your fire!" Stacy yelled but then I felt something hit my leg and we drop onto a rooftop.

I glance down at my leg, seeing I got shot by one of the officers. I look at Spider-Man, seeing he got hit too. We didn't have the time or luxury to do anything about this at the moment, so we continue trying to make our way to Oscorp. But with the bullet in our legs it was making it really difficult.