Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep

I was laying in bed, the curtains covering every window to block out the sun. Ever since that night Gwen's dad was killed by the Lizard, I've been feeling awful. Made even worse by the fact that I was now ghosting my best friend and leaving her to suffer all because Mr. Stacy asks me to stay away from her.

Peter been going solo for the past few days. Keeping an eye on the city while I try to recuperate. I didn't want to at first but he convince me that I'm not in the right headspace at the moment.

He's right... Everything I eat tastes bland. I keep forgetting to shower and only do it when Jarvis or Maria point out I have an odor that I can't even smell. I spend hours upon hours just lying awake at night unable to fall asleep.

Everything just feels awful, like all wonder and joy in the world was just sucked out and no one else around me can see it but me.

I heard my door creek open and turn my head to see Tony, walking towards me, holding piece of paper in his hand. "(Name)..." He said, nervously fiddling with the paper. "I-I uh...I drew you something." He said, holding the paper out to me.

I sigh and sat up in bed, taking the paper and turning it over, only to see I have it upside down. I flip in the right way as Tony climbs onto the bed to join me. The drawing was of Spider-Woman, swinging on a web. "Wow. This is pretty good, Tony." I said, making him smile. "Thanks!"

I smile at the drawing a little, missing the thrill of swinging around the city. "(Name), where did Spider-Woman go?" Tony asked and I hummed, turning my head to look at him. "Spider-Man fighting all by himself now. Why isn't Spider-Woman helping him?" He asked.

"I don't know. Maybe she's busy somewhere else." I replied. "No, she's not." Tony said and I gave him a confused look. "She spends all day in her room when she should be helping Spider-Man." He said and felt my heart stop. "How...how would you know?" I asked, nervously.

"Don't get mad. But the day your boyfriend came for dinner, Mom told me to go get you and I saw you shoot your web at Spider-Man." Tony said and I groan, face palming myself for being so careless. Of course revealing my identity at home was a bad idea! Why didn't I think of that?!

"Then you and Spider-Man starting kissing before you jump off the roof to fight the Lizard." Tony continued. "Yeah, I know what happened. I was there." I grumbled, dragging my hand down my face.

"So why aren't you fighting crime anymore?" Tony asked. "It's...complicated. I'll back in the swing of things...I just...not in the best place to do it right now." I said and Tony gazes up at me, looking confused. "Trust me, you'll understand when you're older." I said, with a weak smile.

"So you know, huh?" I asked. "Don't worry. I didn't tell Mom or Dad or Jarvis." Tony said. "Good. You know what this means, right?" I asked and Tony blinks back. "It means we have a secret and I'm trusting you to keep it." I said.

"You can trust me, Spider-Woman! I won't tell anyone." Tony said, smiling brightly. "That's my boy." I said, ruffling his hair and making Tony laugh. "I wish I could though. Having Spider-Woman for a sister is the coolest thing ever!" Tony exclaimed. "I bet it is." I muttered.

"You think I can be a superhero too?" Tony asked. "Well, I never imagine I would be one but here we are. I'd say anything's possible." I said. "OooOooh I wonder what kind of hero I would be." Tony said. "How about...a giant metal man." I suggested, jokingly. "Like Iron Giant? But he's a robot." Tony said. "Well then make a suit out of melt or iron." I said.

At that moment, there was a knock at my door and we both look up. "(Name), you have a visitor." Jarvis said, when he open the door. "Who is it?" I asked, getting a feeling I already know. "Perhaps you should go see for yourself." Jarvis said, giving me a knowingly look and I frown.