Prologue

One Year Ago – Y/N's POV:

"There's no buts, you're going to be an Avenger! I'm not going to argue about this!"

"But Dad, that's not eve-"

"I said there's no buts! Not using your abilities for the greater good would be a waste, and you know that just as well as I do!"

Dad tried to convince me of becoming an Avenger as long as I can remember. When I was still a baby, I had caused an accident in his lab that resulted in me having certain... abilities. I can go invisible, I can fly and I can manipulate and read people's minds. And when I concentrate hard enough to give myself a headache, I can even move objects with my mind. Not a big deal I, I can handle it! But instead of living a normal life, I had to grow up in the Avenger's Tower right in the middle of NYC. Everyone knew who I was, and my life was full of paparazzi, training and school and never once in my life did I have a break of being a Stark. Dad never really understood that, even though he said he had tried, but I just needed to get away for a while.

"Dad please just listen to me!"

"No Y/N, I don't want to hear it! You will become an Avenger!"

I sighed. I had just finished college, studying everything at MIT that Dad deemed important so that I could possibly take on the role of leading the Avengers one day or becoming the CEO of Stark Industries. Or both. Don't get me wrong, I really want to do that one day, but Dad never really asked me if I did, and I just didn't feel like I was ready for it yet. So, I wanted to offer him a deal: I will go to Australia for a year to do work and travel to be independent and see places I have always been wanting to see and after that I will become a full time Avenger. I just really need to spend some time away from all this trouble, maybe at a place where people don't immediately recognize me. But since Dad keeps interrupting me because he thinks I don't ever want to be an Avenger, I never even got to propose my idea and we're having an unnecessary argument.

"Tony, just let her finish please, will you?" Natasha chimed in. I had told her all about my plan and she absolutely loved my idea. She also grew up with people around her who had very high expectations of her, so she at least kind of understood me.

"Are you guys ganging up against me or something??" he asked, but then he sighed and said "Ok, kid. Go ahead."

"Thank God, he listens!" I call out pretending to be praying.

"Don't make me change my mind!" Tony chuckles.

"No, I would never!" I say and smirk. "Ok, so, you know how I told you that life is kinda... well... hard sometimes being your daughter because of all the paparazzi, the training and school and all that?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow. "Well, I wanted to ask if I could get a break from that for just one year. I want to do work and travel somewhere where people don't immediately recognize me, and after that I will become a fulltime avenger and start picking up duties in Stark Industries."

"Where would you want to go?"

"I don't know... maybe Australia."

"Good choice, little Lady Stark! Though Asgard would be a very good choice as well!" Thor called out from the other side of the room. He was sitting there fiddling with the remote trying to figure out how it works, while Clint and Steve were playing chess next to him. Wanda, and Sam were out on a mission and Bruce was in the lab trying to figure out how to get the Hulk and him to cooperate better.

"Thanks, Thor! But I actually wanted to get away from all things Avengers related, that kinda includes Asgard. But I promise I'll go there someday so you can show me everything!" I called back, then I turned back to my dad. "So, Dad. What do you think?"