Chapter 7: What the hell were we doing?

Bucky's POV:

I tossed and turned thinking about Y/N. Why was I thinking about her? Why did it bother me when Nat told me that Y/n was going out all by herself? Ugh... I have GOT to stop thinking about Y/n. I need to sleep.

Suddenly I heared noises. It sounded like someone yelled and then a door slammed shut. That could only mean something was going on in Y/n's room! I quickly got up and rushed towards her room. Before I entered I looked down the hallway, but it was empty. Apart from a lonely sock laying in front of the elevator.

„Y/n?" I whispered after slightly opening the door.

A whimpering sound came from the other side of the room. Was she crying?

I decided to enter the room and found Y/n huddled under a blanket on her bed, shivering and crying. She had a bruise on her left cheek and hickeys on her neck.

„H...he..he spiked m-my drink a-and tried...t-to...ra-rape me" she pressed out and continued bawling and I just saw red. I felt my jaw clench and let out a big breath through my nose. I would kill whoever did this to her.

„Who did this to you?" I shouted a little too loud, she shrugged being scared from my yelling.

„He...he's gone..."

„Well not for long!" I growled and wanted to turn around, but I heard Y/n whisper my name.

„Bucky... p-please... stay" she breathed and looked up at me with a begging look in her eyes. I sighed. I couldn't stand the thought of that guy who had hurt her like that still being out there, but... It would probably be the right thing to stay...after all, she needed support more than anything now.

„Ok." I whispered. I went to her closet and grabbed a pair of sweatpants for her and when I wanted to grab a t-shirt for her I stopped for a second. I couldn't help but smile because I just noticed that she had kept one of my t-shirts in her drawer. I grabbed it as well as some underwear and handed it to her. Then I turned around so she could get dressed. It took her quite a while because the drugs apparently hadn't fully worn off yet, but to be quite honest I was very surprised she was in such good shape (compared to what you could expect) after having her drink spiked.

„Thank you" she whispered. When I turned back around she was laying in her bed and I could still see the fear an terror in her eyes.

After I had been holding her in my arms for a while, I decided I should probably get up and leave so that she could finally catch some sleep, but she whispered „Please stay" without changing her somewhat empty demeanor.

„The whole night?" I whispered back and she nodded her head in response. I sighed and then laid down next to her. „Try to get some sleep, princess" I breathed. She turned around so her back was facing me and then she moved a little closer to me. I put my arm around her to hold her safe and steady.

„You're safe now, Y/n." I whispered. A little bit later she stopped crying and started breathing regularly in my arms.

Whoever did this to her will pay. Dearly.

When I got up the next morning, I noticed Nat standing in the doorway. Y/n was still sound asleep, so I decided to cautiously get up in order not to wake her.

„I didn't know I sent her out on a date with you" Nat whispered and looked at me. Shoot, I must have forgotten to put on a t-shirt when I went over to Y/n's room, I was only in boxers. But wait... did she just say she sent Y/n on that date??

I quickly grabbed Nat and pushed her out of the room, closed the door gently and glared at Nat angrily.

„You sent her on that fucking date?!" I hissed.