Chapter 4: The punishment

A/N: I'm very sorry it took so long to update the story. As a way to express how sorry I am, I made this chapter extra long, it's exactyl 4200 words :) I hope you enjoy it!

-----------

"Y/n, your presence is requested in your father's office." Friday's voice woke me up the next morning. I quickly put on a pair of sweats and a hoodie and pulled my hair up in a ponytail and then made my way to the elevator. But, as I stood there waiing, I heard another door close.

"Great" I mumbled.

"What a nice way to start my morning!" James said with a sarcastic tone in his voice and looked at me grimly.

"Shut up, dickhead" I hissed.

"You shut up, you little bitch" he shot back.

The elevator arrived and opened its doors with a "bing", upon which we both entered.

"Seriously how can you sleep at night knowing you are such an asshole??"

"Very well, thank you for asking, Barbie."

"It sure didn't look like that last night, idiot"

Suddenly he got closer to me and pushed me to the wall of the elevator.

"This is none of your business. If you don't stay out of my room, you will learn to regret it" he snarled. In that very moment, the elevator doors opened and I managed to escape his grip and made my way to my dad's office, but I wasn't alone.

"Stop following me you fucking creep!" I shouted.

As I looked back, I just saw Barnes roll his eyes angrily. Why was he following me towards my dad's office?

"Finally, you two made it!" Dad said.

"Dad what the hell is going on? Why is-"

"Language! God, I spend to much time with cap. Just shut up squirt, ok? I'll explain it to you in a bit. I just have to wait for Steve to get here. Oh, there he is!"

"Sorry you had to wait. Good morning, Y/n, good morning, Buck"

"Ok so now that capsicle is here, we can start. Ok so, I assume you both" he looked at me first, and then at Barnes "have heard of Octavius. Ever since we've taken down Hydra, old members have started joining them, but also other people... People who seem to hold a grudge against one of us Avengers or other important people. As you should also know, we know very little about them. Well, and we thought, since the two of you should start trusting each other, we are going to send you on a small mission together to get some intel on them."

"Dad! Are you f..." I looked at Steve "are you serious? I'm most definitely not going on a mission with that moron over there!" I complained.

"Likewise," Barnes agreed. "You spoiled brat of a daughter will mess things up anyway! It would be best if I went alone"

"So you can screw this whole thing up? Forget it. If anyone of us is going on themselves, it's me, not you!" I shouted.

"You think you're so-"

"SHUT UP!" Steve yelled and left both Barnes and me speechless. Know I know why dad wanted him here, he has a way of quieting people. "The two of you are going on this mission together, whether you want it or not! I am tired of seeing my best friends argue with each other for no reason and act like freaking three-year-olds! You are going to work together, no matter what!"

"What he said." Dad said as I looked at him in disbelief. "You're leaving tomorrow. There's this hideout outside of Chicago that you are going to take under a close inspection, I want you to observe it and then go in and pretend to be members of Octavius for a few hours to get some firsthand intel. Pretend like you're new members from... I don't know, Germany? Just pretend like you have that whole Hydra mentality. And Barnes, you have to hide your arm. Otherwise, they'll know who you are in no time and your cover is blown right away. After that, you skedaddle, understood? No fighting! Just spying! Can you do that?"