_chapter seven_ brunch

I call George's phone for the third time in the past two minutes. It rings six times before going to voicemail. I bang on his front door once again.

"George, open up!" I call, hoping to wake him up, "We're meeting our mum's in twenty minutes!"

He still doesn't answer. I would get the key that he conveniently had under the mat, but it seems to have moved since the last time I saw it.

I glance around his little front door area. If I were George, -ew I never want to be George- where would I put my key?

A blue potted plant catches my eye. It's a potted plant sitting next to his door. I have never  recalled George having plants. He would kill them after forgetting to feed them.

I suspiciously pick the planter up to find a key laying underneath.

I unlock George's front door and open the door. Loudly. He should've been awake and ready by now, but instead I have to invade his privacy to wake him up.

I slam his bedroom door open. "George Davidson you better get up right now."

He groans as I flip on the lights. "What are you doing here?"

"I broke in with a key, idiot." I go into his closet. "We have to be in Kensington to meet our mothers in less than twenty minutes. Why aren't you awake?"

His face is pressed inside the pillow. He doesn't respond to my question. I grab a merch hoodie and some trousers before closing his closet doors. I know he'll approve of my choice. He would've picked it himself.

"Put these on."

He lifts his head to acknowledge the blue hoodie.His gaze follows as I give him a look that could kill. I'm trying with all my might to laser his brains out with my eyes right now. He cannot make us late to brunch again.

I begin to close his door to let him change in peace. I start the coffee maker. I'm only going to make one cup to get his day started. Then I head into the bathroom to set out his cologne. He has three in his cabinet, and he spends about ten minutes trying to decide which one he's in the mood for. I don't know exactly which cologne correlates with what mood and honestly don't really want to.

I check my phone while I wait for him to get dressed.

Wilbur Soot

Just thought of something great for lore!

Can i just run it past you first?

Maia Williams

Yeah i'm going to brunch rn but i'll listen when i get home.

Wilbur Soot

Perfect :)

I smile to myself at Wilbur's text. We've been getting a lot closer these past couple weeks. I wouldn't say we're best friends, but I think we're on our way there.

I have George's coffee all set to go, but he's still changing. He usually doesn't take ten minutes to get changed, so I walk over to the door.

I knock on it hesitantly. "George?"

No response. I knock again. And again.

"George if you don't respond in ten seconds then I'm opening this door, and I don't want to see your dick at ten in the morning."

I count down from ten slowly, really hoping he's not standing there with everything whipped out and ready to go.

"Three.. Two... One.." I pause once again, really hoping he'll swing the door open, "Okay, George I'm walking in. I swear, if you're still asleep-"