_chapter thirty-two_ wingman george

I jump as the door to my apartment is slammed shut behind me. I turn to see George walking casually through my living room.

"Way to scare the crap out me, George." I roll my eyes as I set my laptop to the side.

"I have a key." He dangles his keychain in the air with a smile.

"Not for long," I say with a warning tone.

He just laughs. "Whatever."

He sits on the couch next to me, kicking off his shoes. He picks one up with his toe and attempts to fling it as far across the living room as he can. He hits the wall.

I squint to make sure it didn't leave dirt on my wall.

"It's fine," he assures me, "They're new shoes."

I glance at the sleek, white sneakers he was wearing. "When did you get those?"

He just shrugs without giving a real answer. "Oh, I wanted to talk to you about Wilbur."

"What about him?" I ask.

"Well," George tries to hint, "you have a two bedroom apartment," 

"Absolutely not, George." I stand from my seat and head to the kitchen.

He doesn't follow, but my open concept flat lets him see me still. "It's just a suggestion, but I think you should take it."

I grab a water bottle before turning to him again. "You also have a two bedroom apartment. Have him stay at your place."

"I can't fit all four of the bandmates in my flat," he says it casually, so I won't exactly catch what he's saying.

"Did you offer both our extra rooms to them?" My jaw is slightly dropped. George always does this; he tries to be helpful by doing things without my permission.

"Yeah." He shrugs. "Can I get a water too?"

"No you can't," I say sharply, but I turn the fridge and grab another anyways. "Wilbur is staying at yours."

I'm not mad that he offered our places. I'm more upset that he thought it would be a good idea to put Wilbur and I in the same apartment. We're not back to normal. It's been awkward ever since my trip to Brighton. Plus, I'm still trying to convince myself it's no big deal.

"Fine." George barely catches the bottle as I throw it across the room. "But don't go saying I'm not a good friend. I'm your number one wingman."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

I try to act casual, but my heart is beating fast. If Wilbur's bandmates are at my flat, then we're going to have to see each other.

This could be good, or it could be a total disaster.

I'm hoping for one of the two.

_author's note_

sorry for the filler chapter! the next bits are going to be really good and exciting! sad to say the end is near :(

i do have a new love triangle story coming soon! it's going to be a quackity v. dream and i'm super excited for you to read it!

it's going to be called 'my two friends that love me' when it's released :))

have an amazing day!