_chapter thirty-five_ forever

_till forever falls apart by Ashe and FINNEAS_

^highly suggest listening to this^

(basically the song Wilbur wrote)

Mark and Joe decided to explore London for a bit of the day. Neither of them seemed to have too bad of hangovers which was actually pretty impressive for how much they seemed to drink last night.

They invited me to hang out, but I decided to stay back at the flat and let them have their time together. George is probably still asleep because he hasn't texted me back, but I assumed Wilbur and Ash went with the other guys.

That is, until I get a text from Wilbur.

Wilbur

Help george and ash are sleeping

Me

Together?

Wilbur

What? No they're still sleeping though and I'm bored.

Me

Hey bored, I'm Maia

Wilbur

Nevermind i don't want your help

Me

Sorry sorry lmao

Coffee sound good?

Wilbur

Amazing

_ _ _

"What did you get?" I ask Wilbur as we walk through the park with our coffees in hand.

"Vanilla Latte." He holds the cup up as if to say 'cheers'.

"Huh." I think for a second. "You've always struck me as plain coffee kind of person. You know, no sugar or creams."

"Oh no," Wilbur corrects me, "I love all the creams and sugars."

"I guess you learn something new everyday." I gesture to a bench for us to sit on.

Our legs brush as we sit to where they touching, but neither of us bother to move them. I can feel sparks of electricity where they connect. It reminds me of the first time Lucas held my hand.

I glance up to Wilbur and notice his eyes scanning the park.

"You know I'm thinking?" Wilbur asks as he turns to me, so ee're sitting a bit closer than people who are just friends should.

"What?" I meet his eyes.

"Look at everyone in this park." Wilbur motions around us.

I glance to the people sitting in the park. One couple is inches away from kissing, both equally nervous and excited. Another is close together in a serious conversation, maybe even a fight. One person sits alone on another bench as they sketch something in a notebook.

"What about them?" I ask.

"Everyone's just in their own little world," Wilbur explains, "You and I don't affect them at all; we're all just living our lives free of everyone else."

I nod. "I guess, but I think we're still affected by the people around us." I nudge him jokingly in the arm. "Like you and me are there for each other."