_chapter twenty-five_ questions

I slump into the train's seat. My goodbyes to my family are a blur because all I can remember is my night with Wilbur. Or Lucas. I'm not really sure.

Lucas liked me, but Lucas is Wilbur. Wilbur is just a friend, but Lucas was not.

And it goes the other way too. Lilly liked Lucas, but I am Lilly. I'm just a friend to Wilbur, but Lilly was not.

It's too confusing. I can't sort it out by myself.

My first thought is to call George and tell him everything, but for some reason I want to keep that night to myself. I want it to be something special between the two of us. Or four of us.

Oh my gosh, what am I going to do?

It was just supposed to be one night. It was supposed to mean nothing. It probably meant nothing to him because Wilbur always stick to his word.

But what if he thinks of it differently?

I shake my head. Wilbur and I are friends; that's final. Going anywhere further with Wilbur is going too far for me, and I don't want to confuse anyone, especially myself. I've always drawn clear lines to not get into situations like this. Feeling and friendship do not mix well, and that is why I can't cross that line.

But what if those lines are already blurred beyond repair?

I bury my head in my hands. The person I should talk to about this is Wilbur, but he's also the last person I should go to.

What have I gotten myself into?

_author's note_

honestly wasn't going to update but figured you guys would like something, so here you go :)

daily updates! come back tomorrow to find out what happens..

have an amazing day <3